1 single on ledger

A RIGHT DEB BUT ITS THERE WAY LOL YEAH SCAFFY N DASS THE YARDS FULL OF THEM HIOCKEY STICK /SINGLE ENDERS SO LIEK YA SAID MAY HAVE CAME FROM THAT AND WHEN THERES NO HOCKEY STICKS....ITS STILL OK IN THERE EYES TO USE SINGLE, YEHA WE GOT ABOUT 2,000 NEW SINGLES LAST YEAR AND THERE PANTS 90% NEED SWUNG ON TO TIGHTEN AND BRAIED ON THE TUBE NEEDLESS TO SAY WHEN THEY COME UP THEY GO BACK DONW LOL UT CHEERS LADS NOW I KNOW THE REASON THEY ASK FOR IT AND ITS TO DO WITH SGB AND THE HOCKEY STICK :bigsmile:

Swivels on a Transom is the way forward... its stronger then a Double and the Boards sit better on a Swivel then on a Clip.

Maybe just do away with the fittings altogether and use lashing to tie the Trannies to the the Ledgers?
Or even better... use shoe laces? - cheap as chips then...

Thats how i would do it... if i was from up t'north like. :p

I h8 them but gr8 for stacks and base outs brid cages but other than that thye get berryed by the prescos lol thats the doubbles the swivels twist my tash off lol

Swivels on a Transom is the way forward... its stronger then a Double and the Boards sit better on a Swivel then on a Clip.

Maybe just do away with the fittings altogether and use lashing to tie the Trannies to the the Ledgers?

Can you explain what you mean using the swivel please Jason....you mean using a swivel to connect a board transom to a ledger??

Scaff 89,the swivles have a rite and rong way round,look it up on the do you remember these fittings thread. I like the mills,but thought they didnt comply with eu regs??

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Can you explain what you mean using the swivel please Jason....you mean using a swivel to connect a board transom to a ledger??

I think he's havin the Craic Ax:laugh::D

Jason means when your transoms on doubles to standards then u use swivs to fit transoms puts pretty much at same height

Ya can only do that on base lift crnt ya? As swivel bolts stick in to boards if boarded out unless ya put ledger on the out side of the standard or am i talking sh1t?

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

Ya can only do that on base lift crnt ya? As swivel bolts stick in to boards if boarded out unless ya put ledger on the out side of the standard or am i talking sh1t?lol

He's got a point tho Scaffy,aint he?? If standards set to board width!!!

that got me thinking about the bamboo and what itd be like working with it.
and on lashing boards , i was thinkink about the boardclips and limpets , im led to believe limpets are a trip hazard , and see the boardclips a lot on jobs now , i effin h8 them

Limpets are bloody 'orrible, lol.
Not a fan of those at all, tbh. Board Clips (Egyptians) or Lashing the Boards down are far better then those Limpet things.

hswt i don't remember the university job BUT the story is how i remembered it as we did a scaff for the bouffant (SGB) at pompey dock yard 123 store and the norris told me about the one single and i could see the sense and we did the one single on a transom ...when the supervisor came out ( the one and only peter hayler ) we were told different and NEVER done that again.........

Jason your plane is ready for Algeria m8.
Realy hope there is massive Black Gays to ravage you......May God bless Garry and the Guys that have to go out there with you. Scotontour, his CV must be good.:eek::eek::eek:

Had a beer watching a guy lay concrete blocks from a scaffold made from 2x3 timber. Hemps just nailed together. Seemed safe enough and the mason was really quick. Will take a camera and take some pics when I am next there.
Timthumb that was why we had to double up the clips cos you lot got sprung. It was ajob for Mick Quigley if i remember right,

Not being funny with you mate, but that is wrong. And I'm glad you know it. You've got your part one right? So responsibility can fall on you, so whenever you can do it properly. Had similar experience a while ago and I would simply accept being moaned and carry on doing it properly. Don't get in bad habits mate!

Always double clip transoms. Keeps tranny straight so no risk of inside board trapping. Plus how often do you get a dodgy single that dont bite proper. I've stood on a single clipped tranny befor and it ain't a nice feeling when it slips and you got a board in your hands!

Top Bottom