1 single on ledger

marra watson

Reaction score
Ha d aprivate message off a spy just the now askign why our fimr only uses 1q singel per tranny i knwo this sounds rong and well is but thats the way the gaffer wants it ... I dont really see it been aproblem as we use doubble enders so ledgers wont part and we do doubble single board ender whats your view on this 1 like i said we have no choise its how they want it lol

You are a part 1 marra, might well be a good one but he who pays the piper calls the tune. In other words tell the spy to GTF and go and ask the gaffer why and stop bothering you with stupid fcuking questions on a Friday night.

Nar his ort aom lol think he was been qurious didnt mean litrally a spy was just bveen nosy lol

haha, sorry I thought he was being an erse.

he says spy it was me just askin not got anythin to hide, just wondered y they only use 1 single on a tranny on outside ledger, i was always shown from day 1 t use a single on both ledgers for a tranny, so not sayin ur a sh!t scaff just tryin t learn abit more mate...

Sorry Steve, just misunderstood the post.

i did t his a few years back on sgb as thats how a rumour got told to us as fact ..... you may or may not have a problem with the ledgers BUT if a scaff ( i know they shouldnt ) was to do a bit of boarding out or any time which requires you to stand on a tranny and it slips it would be such an easily preventsble accident ..... i just dont think its right in my scaff mind

so its a resounding no from me ........ and i will do what boss commands unless i think its a safety issue then its a discussion and i do it how we think its safe ...thats why i choose to work for certain types of companies and bosses that are similar to my why of thinking ....
your bosses only answer must be to save time and singles but on this occasion i think it be false economy

TOTALY AGREE WITH YOU TIM BUT THERS LADS BEEN ON THE FRIM SINCE DAY 1 NEVER SEEN THE LIGHT IN THE SLIGHTEST AND YA ONLY GET MOANED AT DOIGN IT WITH 2 SINGELS(THEY THIN THAT HOW IT SHOULD BE) I KNOW THE RIGHT WAY BUT AS AOM SAY WE HAVE TO PLAY SECOND FIDDLE TO HIM LOL I DID USE THE TERM SPY LIGHTLY LOL SORRY STEVE MARRA :love:LOL

i'm no spy/snitch wot ever u lot may call it, all i wanted to no is if this was ok. no1 has come along n said it is right or wrong, i just think it looks sh!t (my opinon)....

wonder if i can start putting one single on a toe board , because the standard is behind the end without a single, it should be ok

is it jus me or u tryin to be a clever cnut?? a toe board shoud be clipped twice so i stops anythin from fallin. u accidently stand on a tranny wit 1 single which many loose you stqnd on it ur fukced.

Does this not go back to the time when double enders were used with single ender intermediate transoms?

The transoms had a fitting built on to one end so you only needed one single on the other end
I might be completely wrong and theres a chance I have the wrong end of the stick

Attachments

• readylok.jpg
    readylok.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 10
lol jb... too many beers typical scaaf. 1 too many n he will fight any fcuker at home or in a pub/club lol

Does this not go back to the time when double enders were used with single ender intermediate transoms?

The transoms had a fitting built on to one end so you only needed one single on the other end
I might be completely wrong and theres a chance I have the wrong end of the stick

You are almost there mate. If i remember correctly there was no requirement to put a single on the preformed intermediates so they were just fixed with the welded one.
SGB did not have enough so 6 ft tubes were used and only fixed with 2 clips at the board ends as word got round that one was enough on intermediate transoms. Did a big university job near a bridge in Richmond/Twickenham??? Do you remember that Timthumb? And had to put the second single on all transoms after job was finished.
Dont think we ever had any problems standing on loose tubes as we were all aware of our surroundings and generally worked off 1 or 2 boards.

Ha d aprivate message off a spy just the now askign why our fimr only uses 1q singel per tranny i knwo this sounds rong and well is but thats the way the gaffer wants it ... I dont really see it been aproblem as we use doubble enders so ledgers wont part and we do doubble single board ender whats your view on this 1 like i said we have no choise its how they want it lol

I would tell ur gaffer to stop being a rough ****, and do it properly, its down to the scaffolder doing the job end of the day, doesn't take much longer to do it properly...

Why would you only want to put one clip on a transom , especially with some of the clips thats around these days

Top Bottom