What has changed in ten years???

Topping out parties, Square'ge in by 2 or 3. Money was better, better craic.

i forgot about the topping out parties brandy , and the full sessions on a Friday , them days are gone mate. i do try and hold on to some values though , like get it done and we can get on the beer, the macho games , and above all a good craic. life is to short for all the **** you have today , truth be told i am worse then my lads hahahaahaha ( a bad influence)

to many kids just out of nappies wanting top pay because they done a little course

Not a bad influence Phillo, just teaching them how to keep the craic in the game, nothing wrong with that, I do it myself.

whats changed for me is the camararderie.its all gone.it all seems to be pull the ladder up im in.seen it first hand from so called mates.....sht bags.....

More one man bands undercutting prices by ridiculous amounts ( at least it is that way here in cider land ) .

Standard of new boards is a joke today compared to 10 years ago

Wooden pole ladders

impact wrenchs ..... Dodgy burtons spanners RIP

£500 jobs needing a feckin design drawing:mad:

Single handrails on non working lifts.. what a fukin waste of time...

hitting the Labrador on the back of the head with a double, you have to use a single with reflective foam on it now!!! :D:toung:

Lift access gates, Boxes (double round ladder access's, System staircases, propriety plastic in fills for gaps for rows of standards. the European working time directive (opt out if you wanna do overtime).

More work for less money, more w.ankers getting a cut from you, more misinformed management and safety personnel with a blinkered outlook and generally not understanding the difference between guidelines and legislation.

Oh I nearly forgot we're flooded with migrants from eastern Europe that can't speak English but manage to get CCNSG cards and get through an induction.

The S.C.C.R. have you joined yet? The link is below.

Has Ragscaff got a up to date figure of current SCCR membership??? so at least we SCCR members know the size of the task ahead in trying to get the majority of the 45'000 CISRS members to sign up for the SCCR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The membership numbers do not matter.

If you want change you will get it with us.

AGM at the end of the year will tell every member how many have got pi**ed of with the way things are & how many thought, oh well I don't give a s**t,

It is going well. nearly as much as the NASC!!

Need more companies.

Stewart

Numbers dont scare the SCCR.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1csr0dxalpI&feature=related]YouTube - Zulu - Final Attack[/ame]

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Numbers dont scare the SCCR.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1csr0dxalpI&feature=related]YouTube - Zulu - Final Attack[/ame]

The membership numbers do not matter.

If you want change you will get it with us.

AGM at the end of the year will tell every member how many have got pi**ed of with the way things are & how many thought, oh well I don't give a s**t,

It is going well. nearly as much as the NASC!!

Need more companies.

Stewart

Sorry wrong way to approach the subject Stu!!

Are you getting the support and positive vibes for all the hard work you are putting In to the SCCR Stu?:wondering

is there anyway that us members that aren't playing a prominent role can contribute in any form or way.:wondering:

We can always do with more members.

The big problem we have faced is going from a few angry scaffolders to an industry body.

What can we offer?

I think the fact that at the moment we do not have an industry body representing the whole industry has made that transition easy.

All we ask is more members, attend any event we do & send us your thoughts on what you want changing. You have an input on what we do.!!

Stewart

to much paper work to much red tape. pepole saying you can not do this, you have got to do that scaff steps, when to do a job the other day had to sent a transit just with the safety gear not ten years ago mate.

No more getting tube and fittings down by the "gravity method," no more "leaners," 2 o'clock finish don't happen, no more standing on the ledger and tranny to start boarding the erected lift, the long's have got longer and heavier lol, and worst of all, going from a scaffolder to a f***ing CISRS trainee!

Top Bottom