Sg4:10

Reasonably practicable = Cost versus Risk. it will all come down the Hierarchy of control, to PPE. We will be walking about with a double lanyard on our harness, and a step-up platform under our arm.

Reasonably practicable = Cost versus Risk. it will all come down the Hierarchy of control, to PPE. We will be walking about with a double lanyard on our harness, and a step-up platform under our arm.

Very true paddy,how much more will we have to carry.

Can i just point out that a risk assessment should be carried out for anyone working at height. This has been in the SG4:05 from day one just no one reads things?

Generic or job specific, a RA is a must that will be portrayed in the SSOW/Method statement, however this does not take away the onus on complying with TG20:08 or SG4:05 or SG4:10 when it is ratified.

We are the very men that know that instructor, we are also the men that know exactly what that means.

Can i just point out that a risk assessment should be carried out for anyone working at height. This has been in the SG4:05 from day one just no one reads things?

With all due respect, Instructor, if no one reads things why is this Forum now in excess of 3'000 members?

The Scaffolders Forum, currently has 4,162 threads and 24,469 posts. Not bad for "No one reads things".

I feel that SG4:10 and TG20:08 will push the trade down the system scaffold route. Being in the middle i can see your point from working onsite. I have to teach it?

Without sounding condescending I think that is what happen's when you are not on the spanners regularly, I take it by your handle you are a scaff instructor (Sherlock) and maybe a wee bit out of touch with what actually happens on the sites. As for the rest of us we know only too well what this legislation means.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

I feel that SG4:10 and TG20:08 will push the trade down the system scaffold route. Being in the middle i can see your point from working onsite. I have to teach it?

That can't be easy, could you tell us where?

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Did you read any of the other threads regarding the general consensus on the quality of training at the centres? Would be nice to get some input from someone on the inside so to speak.

3000 members out of 32,000 registed scaffolders with the NASC, still a long way to go? If you have any points with regards the new SG4:10 i will bring it to the attention NASC. Remember i am on the same side as you.

From small acorns Instructor. The SCCR is on the case regarding a few issues that irk, personally I would be more interested in hearing your views on training.

3000 members out of 32,000 registed scaffolders with the NASC, still a long way to go? If you have any points with regards the new SG4:10 i will bring it to the attention NASC. Remember i am on the same side as you.

Rome wasnt built in a day mate. We at the SCCR have our own contacts mate, but i thank you on behalf of the SCCR and its members, for offering your services.

You could also apply for membership of the SCCR, as you are on our side.

FFS i never realised we were in a war!!!!!

We will fight them on the beaches.......LOL

I am a instructor at NCC south Erith the reason i a member is because i like to get both sides of the storey and a scaffolder first (25 years) Instructor second (5 years)

I knew that would be the case Instructor, that's why I would rather hear your views on training issues. I wasn't having a dig just speaking from experience, the wee storey regarding the life jacket was only the tip of the iceberg, we use totally useless items of ppe every day and the advanced rail will turn out to just be another, we know it won't be law but it will be and we will just have to lump it.

I am a instructor at NCC south Erith the reason i a member is because i like to get both sides of the storey and a scaffolder first (25 years) Instructor second (5 years)

It would be good if you could maybe have a chat with our SCCR Training Secretary Steve Gregory, give him a PM mate.

Regards
Paddy H&S development Secretary SCCR

Share love and spread the load. with regards training issues i have to be careful but will help if i can.

Instructor,

I was going to ask a load of questions regarding training but in the interest of keeping it neutral I will refrain, but I for one look forward to your input on the forum.

How many scaffolders are compling with SG4:05 when they are at work on a daily basis.? What make you think they are going to comply with SG4:10. These are nothing more than guidence notes that work within the working at height regulations. It will be as illigal to work with non-compliance to SG4:10 as it was SG4:05. All this has done is close a loop hole in the wording use prior,
Not much else will change.... THE HARNESS IS STILL THE LAST RESORT

Don't those industrial sites supply you with anti gravity boots!

Collective protection is here until the boots come marching in.

Top Bottom