**hilti drill replaces the spanner**

never ever replace a spanner will it , most scaffs i know would forget to charge the battery , steal other peoples battery , leave them lying about to be robbed , not buy one in the first place , sell there own for drug money , sell there mates for drink money .hurt each other with them , do strange things to there girlfriends with them , take the p!ss out of others for having one . more for the scaffolding fan than the actual scaffolder

Many moons ago, i was that scaffolding fan, and i am still a Actual scaffolder, however. Scaffolding lost it's shine for me many years ago, i go for the neccessity, i was one of the scaffs that used to carry my guns round and throw them under the table at 'Simpsons' on Thurs night,and Fri and Mon afternoons. Now i would rather throw them off the Tyne bridge.

The reason i bought a IW, is therefore the next logical step, put the fecker up or down as fast as i can then go home, without as much aching body joints.

The IW comes into it's own on the new loading bay designs we have,101 fittings per lift, including the gate.

iam not knocking the hilti drill as ive never used one but!!! if a scaffolds been up for lets say 6 months which are quite common on the firm i work for with the weather we have the fittings are sometimes so well tightened to the point your wrist suffer how does the hilti cope with the tention not a dig at the hilti just interested in the reply!!!

iam not knocking the hilti drill as ive never used one but!!! if a scaffolds been up for lets say 6 months which are quite common on the firm i work for with the weather we have the fittings are sometimes so well tightened to the point your wrist suffer how does the hilti cope with the tention not a dig at the hilti just interested in the reply!!!

The Makita i use works as a IW Impact Wrench, it is simialar to what you see in a garage for changing wheel nuts, It Blows to crack the fitting, however when wrapping LBF i always try the last wrap with my nailspan. LBF = Load Bearing Fitting, Try it before crying it!!! 33year never used one:sick: 6 month with 1:D

Do not know what sort of company you work for but they are not allowed to charge you for any tools they provide you with to carry out your daily duties. Next before you know it you will be paying for the diesel in the wagons.

Do not know what sort of company you work for but they are not allowed to charge you for any tools they provide you with to carry out your daily duties. Next before you know it you will be paying for the diesel in the wagons.

My company are NOT charging me to use MY IW , I think you've misread some of the info on this thread and the "sort" of company I work for is the best .

Hilti is to launch a new Impact Wrench in October, Hilti have a substantial ( Scaff Coz ) Client base in the South West and hope to expand their Market share with their new Product.

A drill will NEVER be as good as a spanner.

Spanners are lighter, cheaper and easier to carry and drills are SHIIT, lol.
You also dont need to carry 15 batteries for a Spanner either... :huh:

FFS Gary, I've just invested heavily in the Makita and now you're telling me about Hilti, where were you a month ago when my credit card was burning.

All kidding aside Gary, are you still involved with the development of this or did that go by the wayside during your recent busy spell?

Jason, your absolutely correct an I W will NEVER replace the Tartan Banner---however, an I W is very handy indeed on certain Scaff applications/tasks, as many on the Forum will testify ;)

Garry...

I will say this once more, anyone working on price should definitely have at least 1 in the squad. Anyone who would disagree has never used one.

iv got 1 to lads and yea they are f ing brill i love mine and even thoit will never replace the spanner surely we have to take the leap of faith i h8 having to go back on my spanner and i was the same wen i first saw them i said fook that but gotta give it to them they are too good to knock back without trying

I give the young team a wee shot now and again and you can see their faces light up like a Christmas tree when they are on it.:amuse:

For me its a spanner full stop...................... and never been an old dog that does not want to learn new tricks but just dont like the idea sorry

aom

I only received a call yesterday afternoon and was told of the most latest development, I have been waiting for quite some time for the latest R & D information, I expect to have more word late October---it's all horses for courses as many have intimated, your choice is a good one especially when it comes to dismantlement, however, Hilti are concentrating on the deployment at 50 Kn as per BS 3911...

Garry...

That's ok.:amuse:

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

aom

I only received a call yesterday afternoon and was told of the most latest development, I have been waiting for quite some time for the latest R & D information, I expect to have more word late October---it's all horses for courses as many have intimated, your choice is a good one especially when it comes to dismantlement, however, Hilti are concentrating on the deployment at 50 Kn as per BS 3911...

Garry...

Is that torque? Not sure what the Makita does, never been good with figures. What I did do was check the first fittings I used the IW for until boredom set in as I realised they were rock solid. The only negative is the noise, again not sure of the readings but it does get to you after a bit but a price worth paying for the ease of use.

Top Bottom