Would you like your kids to be scaffolders ?

frank111

Reaction score
I was never smart growin up , and im proud of that , is the days of a hard working man finished ,, ??? or will there always be a place for the hard gainer and his sons ,,???????

My youngest is working with me frank , only 19 and been at it full time since leaving school

class act phil ,,, its just the goverment mind set that annoys me , they acknowledge lads with physical abilities , welcome them , but state that all kids have the ability to be scholars , theres the lads that killed taliban the way they were taught and trained to do like so many ,, and they face the courts like criminals , i came from a boxing family , and thats what we did well , but you cant on one hand condem teenagers for having the ability to protect you and on the othjer hand train them for that very reason ,, im an irishman ,, and across the irish sea , i see madness phil , breaks my heart because its the pups that suffer !

My boy is far to lazy to do a good days graft only 7 but he gets bored easy with anything involving work but my daughter on the other hand she would but not the sort of thing I'd guide her into but she is always askin to come to work an every bit of scaffold she asks if its dads work

i was the same as your lad ,, i never found myself untill i found an old scaffolder ,, its hurtful but kids never respect their father untill its too late ,, and fair play to the wee doll , let her do it !!!!!!!11

My liitle in is never turning a scaffold spanner

She's too girlie

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Mind you

Some of the young lads in the game are a bit....well

Feminine

she could end up the best engineer in the land , my wee woman grace is the same ,,,,,, ya just dont know lol

I started with we old man at weekends when i was about 14 , and 33 years later iam still here , most young lads just ned to be guided in the right direction frank , i had my lad boxing since he was 9 , first real bout at 11 and he boxed in all the school boy stuff for years , its all abut keeping them focused , and even then he went of the rails with drugs for a few years but is getting back on track again , thank god

i dont give a monkeys what kid from what side of town it is ,, drugs are a part of growin up now , i did it myself , some crumble ,, some dabble , some dont do it any more , but if there is a parent of a kid that says theire kids never took drugs , its a **** up and they are dinosaurs , , thank god that there is an element in northern ireland that shoot heroin dealer dead , thats a hard pill to swallow , but i know that there are alot of people on here that wish they had the same phil ,, its never gonna take a foot hold in belfast ,, please god ,, it wont !

Worry like crazy about my little girl getting into drugs when she's older
We're teaching her self control and that she can say no if she wants to

Hopefully she will be sensible enough not to get too mixed up in it all

Your right frank drugs are a way of life for all young people these days, they start smoking skunk at school and progress from there , destroys so many lives and family's , very hard for young people to avoid it when all their mates are doing it , been to Belfast a good few times and have family from there to Donegal

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Worry like crazy about my little girl getting into drugs when she's older
We're teaching her self control and that she can say no if she wants to

Hopefully she will be sensible enough not to get too mixed up in it all

I really hope so mr.B as the last couple of years i have had with my son i wouldnt wish on my worst enemy , my family have been to hell and back with him , but he is making a massive effort to clean up his act

rest assured , the average bobby on the street is powerless , the kids on the street spit on them ,, i dont know phil ,, its a **** up ! first class

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

The only way is to protect your own children ..... End of story!

Yeah worries me bout my kids ppl easily led an easy hing to get into I done it once started smokin weed them pills coke even nicked the girls car once I was living with after a bender asked a whore if she could get coke ended up smoking £200 worth of crack with her good old days lol don't do nothin no more

No chance,the games fecked,i loved the old days but you're not allowed to show your creativity,it's all done for you with a drawing nowadays and silly regs and rules have spoilt the game for me,i'm glad i'm not a young un starting out now,i can see all work being through agencies soon enough and a huge amount of trained men being churned out by the training centres,all this points to bad news both money wise and work wise,and we're the kicking can of the construction industry already,persecuted by all and sundry,no way would i wish this sh*t on my kids,just my opinion fella's:eek:

Wel by time my kids are old enough it will be f u cked its worse every year we will al be wrapped in cotton wool an there makin the job harder yeah a bit safer in some respect but were is it all gona stop hope my kids do better in school an prefere a warm wel paid office Job lol

Well 1 ov the most eager of them that I've seen has to be Scaffys oldest. That kid lives and breathes scaffolding. So god help us all on here.LOL.He's got Great protential.

Your right frank drugs are a way of life for all young people these days, they start smoking skunk at school and progress from there , destroys so many lives and family's , very hard for young people to avoid it when all their mates are doing it , been to Belfast a good few times and have family from there to Donegal

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

I really hope so mr.B as the last couple of years i have had with my son i wouldnt wish on my worst enemy , my family have been to hell and back with him , but he is making a massive effort to clean up his act

you listening workshy sound like ya got a good ''OLD'' lad there,

all comes down to money, we had to earn it now its given away to kids when it was my bday it was £5 in a card larl toy about £5 now the going rates £30 or xbox game lour lasses larl fell got nearly 300 for his bday last year he only had 10 m8s to bowling, i earnd my own money from an age of 12 paper round working in cafe sundays working in pizza shop sat night anything for cash and all it whent on was sweets and fast car mag lol but i paid for them my self, our lass give larl fella what he wants he wouldnt know a hard days graft if it hit him in the face, wont play out xbox, at the age of 8/9 me old man was dashing the house wid his marra i was up and down the scaffol 4 lift with buckets of cement buckets of dash fair enough they were only half buckets but i wanted to have a go and get stuck in if something was getting done i wanted to be in on it laying patios plasterboarding the house mixing the cement done it all b4 i hit doubble figures the answer to our problems is money and work ethic simples

Top Bottom