Would you do it?

Our customer wanted to hand over the job. We were making life difficult to try and force payment - and show their client that we were unpaid for work.

if you are trying to be difficult to get payment then take the boards and ladders off.
then tell them there are dayworks involved and full payment before you dismantle it.

that causes the most problems all round.

not for 15 no but if the offer was increased to 20 im sure some soft southern poofter would take you up on the offer hehehehe

And why the southern thing, you left up north to be somewhere else, warm, you northern monkey, or did you get caught receiving, instead of giving, so had to leave the country.:eek:

Called the firm in question who were very surprised to hear of the request as they have always been on target to get it down before the holidays as per the contract and could have taken it down if it was required, so as I thought I won't be going in.

Tac made an excellent point about insurance, I checked mine and whilst they think I'm ok they were unsure and I'm still waiting to hear back from them to confirm so it must be a bit of a grey area for a few firms. We all know everyone is looking to minimise their liabilities especially in these austere times so if you are dealing with material that is not owned or hired by you it may well be worth checking if your insurance is as good as it should be.

Sorry for the footnote but for several hundred quick ( Saturday morning ) pounds we are left to chase several Thousand Pounds ! Experience - a great educator !

To be honest, I was never interested in mowing anyone else's grass, even the guy that called first time round could tell by the sound of my voice I wasn't happy from the word go. This thread was always a sounding board and the people that know me best already knew that.

not for 15 no but if the offer was increased to 20 im sure some soft southern poofter would take you up on the offer hehehehe

me thinks i'd doit for free j but will only spit. lolo:D

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

aom
'been caught out big time on this many years back so would't touch it mate

Yeah, giving it a wide berth.

How was the holiday?

i'm still over here,..sad i know but was getting board and thought i'd check out the threads
:)

haha, good on you. Nice to know I can still nip down for that bacon butty you promised.

we fly back on monday via dubai so i'll get the bacon in lolo- looks like ur guys had it bad with the weather still nearly crimbo :))

Nothing we couldn't handle SP, and we are still here to tell the tale.:cool:

Tac, a very good point about the insurance cover. It turns out I am insured but now have to put a questionnaire out to all my clients to clarify things. Good call buddy, you may have saved me from a right bit of grief there.:love:

I am glad you have got sorted, sorry for your extra work load, but I would like to help people then hinder people.

Top Bottom