Would you do it?

I must admit, I have a hell of a propensity to help where I can and find saying no tough to deal with. I tried to contact the scaffold firm in question but the office closed sharp at 5 and I just missed them. The truth is we have enough graft to put food on the table the boy's are stuck on an island tonight as the ferries stopped sailing in the middle of the day, they will need the day off tomorrow just to clear the hangover from tonight and they have grafted hard for months, given up a couple of weekends for training so I reckon they have done their bit and deserve an easy run in to the holidays. I think this will just be a step too far we have enough of our own crap to deal with without cleaning up everybody else's.

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

don't cut your nose off to spite your ugly face, strip the fuka:nuts:

haha.

Wait & see what they say mate, could be a dispute over payments or the contract. I'd only go near this if I was desperate for work, stuff like that can be very bad for your reputation.

The original scaffold Company could be owed thousands by this main contractor.They may have withdrawn labour until a payment has been received.:sad:

The main contractor did not want local companies when tendering for the work.

As usual you have answered your own question

" I tried to contact the scaffold firm in question but the office closed sharp at 5 and I just missed them."

Could ye nay ring again tomorrow ya baw bag and get the full story before making your decision :idea:

Karle beat me to it

who is the scaffold company that has all this work there are plenty scaffs scratching for work they could be worth a wee phone

Good point well made as usual Rigger.

Daftscaff,

Message received and understood.

The 1996 construction act gives us the right to withdraw labour until the correct payment is recieved, (subject to conditions being met). A call to the other scaffold company seems the best plan of action. As others have mentioned there may be an ongoing dispute between the two parties.

I'd find out if the scaff firm are owned money, if they are.. don't strip it, if the scaff firm can't be arsed taking it down, **** em and get it down... check 1st though, if the building firm are having ur pants down, let em strip it themselves the ****.s...

p.s. I'll gobble you for £18 Jason ( well not personally, I'll get our labourer to do it ) cummmmmmmmonnnnn :nuts:

In my EXPERT Opinion :D Me personally have that unwritten rule thing, I always ask the contractor why the other firm Cannot strip it, Then phone the scaffold contractor tell him whats been said ask his side of the story and discuss a course of action, But dont discuss money with the scaff contractor, if he is actually too busy thats tough he making elsewhere what he is losing on that site, Bad Managements costs Im afraid. :bigsmile:

Yeah I think I will try again in the morning but as I said they are a big descent firm hence my suspicions.

I would just give the lads it for there own pocket money, and not let my firm involved... I am NOT insured to erect or dismantle anyone's scaffolds.. The only way I can use other peoples gear is if it is on hire to me....

Mmm, that's a strange one Tac, I'm going to check that one out but as far as I'm aware we are insured for all scaffolding related activities but will definitely check first thing.

feck it AOM me and my wee mate will take it down no problem.
whats the size and i will pm my price i take it it is tube and fitting

Yeh read your policy aom.. I can not attached our scaffolds to another firms scaffolds.. A few years ago we had a contract for a building firm who was doing the brickwork and another scaffold firm had the roofing contract which needed edge protection, they wanted to put puncheons up from our scaffold but both our insurance policy's said no.. This is how I find out about it.. It came into the same category as using someone else's gear.... Stupid but true...

I build a clients gear for them all the time and I'm sure I would have declared it but now you mention it I can't remember. You can never be too careful so will cast the eye over it again.

Yep AOM as usual your doing the right thing

I would ring the firm and find out if they do have labour or payment problems
you never know they might need a hand at a pinch point, or more than likely have a dispute
either way the materials belong to the scaff co and the legal side is quite grey in this area:eek:

personally wouldn't go near it unless they had gone pop:cry:

aom, If your insurance covers you to do it and you are serious about stripping it make sure your RA-MS are in place and checked before you commence, any sort of accident could lead to a prosecution if you have not all your angles covered

bad payers are the ones we usualy find asking us to strike scaffolds we havent put up

the only legit request we had was when the original erectors couldnt re enter the site through a change in cercumstance and we agreed with the original guys that we would do it

Absolutely not - to me an unwritten rule ! What if the scaffolder isn't / can't get paid ? He loses his bargaining chip. All for 1 or none for all !

PS We were a victim recently of same and still remain unpaid - yet paid the 3rd party to strike !!!!

Top Bottom