Would you do it?

aom

Reaction score
No names but we have been asked to strike another firms gear as they are struggling to put men on it. Always found such requests dubious especially as none of the local firms got it. Would you leave them to stew in the mess of their own making or would you maybe plant a seed for future work and help them out? I think I already know what I'm doing about it but it did get me wondering.

They tell me cash is no problem, suppose they will deduct it from whatever they owe the scaff.

I've been asked a few times and never done it yet.:noworry:

dont bat an eyelid.
hump the price and rip it down.

you have to put food on the table after all and the old rules dont apply nowadays.

dont bat an eyelid.
hump the price and rip it down.

you have to put food on the table after all and the old rules dont apply nowadays.

Haha scotontour,you mercernary,i would always think how i would feel if the boot was on the other foot,and i know i would be feckin fumin,especially if it was one of the local competitors:cool:

I wouldn't touch it, myself.

In this climate, with this many decent blokes struggling for work, just before Christmas i seriously cannot see this other Firm struggling for men.

Theres must be literally hundreds of blokes looking for work this close to Christmas.

Last edited:
Bit of a minefield that one.
Whose insurance will cover any accidents/damage (god forbid)

You could get dragged into legal wrangles in the future.

I was always under the impression that it is illegal to tamper or alter with scaffold on an unauthorised basis. Surely any authorisation would have to come from the owner of the scaffold?

Personally I'd leave well alone

no legal problems at all. it is the user who gives the authority in this case the company its built for.
as longs a predismantle check was carried out insurance would have no issues.

money is money cash is king and all that.

The old George Micheal story comes to mind.

not for 15 no but if the offer was increased to 20 im sure some soft southern poofter would take you up on the offer hehehehe

Personally wouldnt get involved aom , but however could be a way in to new client

Get paid quickly

Mmm, I make it around 50-50. Just a couple of points, there is no local firms involved, no way would I do it to a competitor that's asking for trouble. The job was priced for a supply and erect by both myself and my competitor but neither of us got it and this firm turned up from around 4 hours drive away and would surprise me greatly if they were cheaper and they obviously aren't better if they can't give the required service but too add to my suspicions they are a big outfit who you would imagine could spare even a few bodies to put a show on.

As for insurance, we are covered for all related activities regardless of who owns the gear.

F#ck em if they got a firm in from a 4 hr drive away let them wallow in there own sh1t. They got 2 local prices then went with someone else! F#ck em

Now you are speaking my language Dandaps, mon the scaffs.:noworry:

I have taken other peoples work down in the past but have only done so on a written request from customer. I took photos of the job standing and then dismantled it, then stacked it neatly to one side and then took photos of that.

I even did it to one of my rivals (at the time) and after the initial sh!t storm of phone calls and threats we are now good working associates who pass work between us when needed.

As someone said it puts food on the table.

Top Bottom