World Travels (working)

a.o.m fredrik described who"s job.

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

skrlel, no broken brains it does not make me a better scaffolder at all, but it made me a dam good supervisor and manager, and gave me the pleasure of working in many parts of the world which dik heads like you will only see on National geograhphic or read about, if you can read. oh and by the way whilst in Dubai i supervised the erection and dismantling of the biggest chicken house (birdcage) i have ever had the opportunity of supervising with a bunch of farmers and laboures who i had the pleasure of teaching and leading through a critical stage of the Dubai terminal 2 expansion project, Enjoy your life, better still get a life broken brains.

bob you probably could educate many a person on here with your undoubted experiance\experiances but its a shame you chose to come on and belittle some of the guys,in doing so your making yourself look silly.

BIGBADBOB, we dont need another superscaff in the forum, people on here was having a joke about where you might or might not have worked and you insult, do your self a favour and dont post anything insulting.

PS. You are my hero, and i bet your great at supervising erections, especially when taking 1!

Bob...?
You SERIOUSLY need to get a sense of humour, pal.

Where you have been is impressive, but Scaffolding is Scaffolding, whether your working in Monte Carlo or Carlisle... Whats important is that you work hard, work well, do a good job, be friendly and most importantly EARN MONEY.

You dont have to be a travelling man to earn well, or work on/erect decent jobs.
I myself have worked on some of thee biggest building sites in the world (albeit they were all in England) and i have worked on a Scaffold that was about 600ft high on top of one of the biggest buildings in the country... do you see me going on about it?

No - i just come here and take the piss and try to make the forum as fun, as it should be.

Sort yourself out and stop taking things so seriously.
Or the boys here will just make you look stupid. :)

a.o.m fredrik described who"s job.

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

skrlel, no broken brains it does not make me a better scaffolder at all, but it made me a dam good supervisor and manager, and gave me the pleasure of working in many parts of the world which dik heads like you will only see on National geograhphic or read about, if you can read. oh and by the way whilst in Dubai i supervised the erection and dismantling of the biggest chicken house (birdcage) i have ever had the opportunity of supervising with a bunch of farmers and laboures who i had the pleasure of teaching and leading through a critical stage of the Dubai terminal 2 expansion project, Enjoy your life, better still get a life broken brains.

Sorry Bob, my post was meant to be in reference to the previous post no 4 from Jason, somebody just posted a wee bit quicker than I did which is no real surprise when you type like me.:embarrest:

Honestly Bob, the threads may have crossed, it was a bit of craic aimed at Jason.

Excuse me the first insult came from another party for which was rude to me, i have a great sense of humur, but do get pissed off and retaliate, by the way mr moderator, why dont yoou stop the insults from the begining, just to finish, future insults will be treated with the contempt that they deserve, my final words on this, Tax free salaries, luxury apartments/house"s, world travel, sunshine,white sands, blue seas, biggame fishing,scuba diving,golf, crayfish, oysters,bbqs, parties,pissups,women,jungles, snakes,spiders,monkeys, orca"s dolphins. (PLONKER ?) FREE

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz...your boring me know with all your so called adventures...go do a cantieever off the side of mount everest or sumtin..:amazed:

Bob...?
You SERIOUSLY need to get a sense of humour, pal.

Where you have been is impressive, but Scaffolding is Scaffolding, whether your working in Monte Carlo or Carlisle... Whats important is that you work hard, work well, do a good job, be friendly and most importantly EARN MONEY.

You dont have to be a travelling man to earn well, or work on/erect decent jobs.
I myself have worked on some of thee biggest building sites in the world (albeit they were all in England) and i have worked on a Scaffold that was about 600ft high on top of one of the biggest buildings in the country... do you see me going on about it?

No - i just come here and take the piss and try to make the forum as fun, as it should be.

Sort yourself out and stop taking things so seriously.
Or the boys here will just make you look stupid. :)

Hi Jason,
Which of the biggest building sites in the world did you work on?And what was the building that was 600 foot high?
maybe someone on here can top that?

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

Excuse me the first insult came from another party for which was rude to me, i have a great sense of humur, but do get pissed off and retaliate, by the way mr moderator, why dont yoou stop the insults from the begining, just to finish, future insults will be treated with the contempt that they deserve, my final words on this, Tax free salaries, luxury apartments/house"s, world travel, sunshine,white sands, blue seas, biggame fishing,scuba diving,golf, crayfish, oysters,bbqs, parties,pissups,women,jungles, snakes,spiders,monkeys, orca"s dolphins. (PLONKER ?) FREE

i agree BBB there will always be a wee bit of jealousy from the been nowhere going nowhere guys still banging up 20 x 20s for Trads in the pouring rain.:D

I can't, they don't call me hop-up Al for nothing.:embarrest:

In all seriousness, chasing the cash is fine done it for a few years myself and spent most of them regretting spending so long knocking my pan in for a local firm and not getting the reward I thought I deserved but now I have met a lot of guys that chased and chased all over the world and didn't look up until serious illness stopped them and when they finally did look around they realised there families had grown up without them and their wives prefer it when they are not there. Different strokes for different folks and just because you have done a hanger at what ever hundreds of feet above shark infested waters doesn't mean that much however interesting it was. Work shouldn't define you and hopefully now there is more to life than being a scaff, I now work to live not live to work.:cool:

Bob.

If i offended you, by making jest of your post then i apologise.
Im only messing about. :)

Unless its complaining about some shiit firm i used to work for or when Foreigners take the piss over here and get away with it - most of my posts are usually just silly pisstake ones, like the 'Im a Celebrity' one.

Hi Jason,
Which of the biggest building sites in the world did you work on?And what was the building that was 600 foot high?
maybe someone on here can top that?

i agree BBB there will always be a wee bit of jealousy from the been nowhere going nowhere guys still banging up 20 x 20s for Trads in the pouring rain.:D

I have no doubt that it WILL be topped.

And as for TRADS... i only managed 3 square a day, due to me being young and f.ucking useless when i was on there, lol.

Last edited:
40ft Layher Scaffold ontop of HQ3 canary wharf nearly 600ft in height when complete

Heres a few pictures.

CanaryWharf3.png

CanaryWharf2.png

CanaryWharf1.png

Last edited:
Some rank rotten building in Lochgilphead, here are my pics.:D

Attachments

• February 11 013.jpg
    February 11 013.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 17
Essex,cracking kit that layer,got to be the best system at the mo.

yes it is the quickest and best kit, even basing out, you base out with the cups and you can erect or distmantle on your own without a struggle, i do like tube and fitting still but that layher scaffold went up in 2 days, 3 handed on it and that was us ploding along

thats some cv bob got to hand it to you there,done bits and bobs" no punn intended"in holland and in LA but south east asia and new zealand are something else.i can only presume that you have been in supervisory and middle management positions for a while.
i also agree to the broadening of horizons when on your travels,great way to see the world and earn a couple of bob at the same time
as for the layhar i used it at nigg bay and had to chop it to **** due to it being rig construction and the standardisation of the sizes,i done a hanger in holland round the top of a hydrocracker with cuplock and it does have all the componenets that layhar has as does plus8 which i have used quite a bit on some cracking jobs but at the end of the day nothing comes near traditionaltube and fitting

the way you were going on about it youd think you took the job up from the ground technically its only 5 lifts off a flat roof.
did you pull the gear up on a gin wheel LOL :eek:

fk me them beams must av took some gettin up! was ben flynn on your team ?
nice job mate! :)

Top Bottom