working class ? are you

They tell you There's room at the top for u still but only if you learn to smile while u kill. A working class hero Is something to be.

Last edited:
As a scaffolder by trade I would be inclined to feel totally insulted to be compared to the Jeremy Kyle brigade.
Maybe we should put them into a new official category, i.e.
THE "LOW CLASS?"

They are referred to as underclass these days. I.e. the Jeremy Kyle possie.
Classes are as follow.
Upper
Upper middle
Middle
Working
Working poor
Under.

Google it, it's on Wikipedia.

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underclass

Last edited:
I wouldn't consider myself a proletariat but I am part of the toiling masses. I do remember a way to tell what class you were in and it was more to do with dinner habits. They reckoned you were working class if you sat down to tea in your working togs and upper if you dressed for dinner. We all know things are a bit more complicated now more than ever, but the term working class will do for me nicely.

I still think, the volvo driving pringle wearing middle class golf club captain with little or no chin should be watched though. ;)

i wouldn't consider myself a proletariat but i am part of the toiling masses. I do remember a way to tell what class you were in and it was more to do with dinner habits. They reckoned you were working class if you sat down to tea in your working togs and upper if you dressed for dinner. We all know things are a bit more complicated now more than ever, but the term working class will do for me nicely.

I still think, the volvo driving pringle wearing middle class golf club captain with little or no chin should be watched though. ;)

and i alwasy thourght upper class toffs drove jags ;) WHEN YOU SAY DINNER DO YOU MEAN AROUND 1 OR AROUND 7 BECAUSE US WORKING CLASS CLASS DINNER AS 1 ISH LOL

Last edited:
Nah marra, just a working class bloke living the dream.;)

ever see two ronnies sketch with 3 class stigma (John cleese included)

My opinion While ever got hole in arse am working class, no way out unless dead

AOM i was under the impression that as you now own half of Argyle (more than the duke) that you were now classed as LANDED GENTRY
all kidding aside i feel honoured to be classed as Working Class my principles are the same and will never change ;)
and i drive a volvo so cut ooot the stereo types :eek:

AOM i was under the impression that as you now own half of Argyle (more than the duke) that you were now classed as LANDED GENTRY
all kidding aside i feel honoured to be classed as Working Class my principles are the same and will never change ;)
and i drive a volvo so cut ooot the stereo types :eek:

Yeah sorry, don't you just hate people who do that. :laugh:

They are referred to as underclass these days. I.e. the Jeremy Kyle possie.
Classes are as follow.
Upper
Upper middle
Middle
Working
Working poor
Under.

Google it, it's on Wikipedia.

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underclass
Well bugger me with a fishfork! Thats official is it?:D

im lower class like every other scumbag on my firm and fakkkkkin love it

I'll always be working class, the only time that will change is if i win big on the lotto....which im just checking now...
1..got
6..tick
26..yee haa
30..fuucking come on.....37 37 37
37..yeeeeahhh 5 fecking numbers
Lucky stars...
5 + 8.....o my god o my fecking god....

I've done it ....he he i've won the jackpot......haha you fecking working class poor twwats, hehe no more bread line for me......o for bolllocks sake i was bloody dreaming again.lol lol
We can all dream lads..

There's no way scaffs can be middle class unless they own a company or work in London lol. Professionals I.e accountants, lawyers, doctors etc are on a good wack. 50k+ is what ur aiming for. It's also a lot to do with lifestyle I guess. Us scaffs are like the old quary men, steel workers, coal pit possie. Work hard n pay ur taxes. I bet a few even fall into working poor in the more deprived areas but not underclass.

A good few scaffs prob do earn £50k a year infact some prob clear that so pos 70k a year before tax ( know a couple that clear around the £1k mark per week) I would certainly respect them a lot more (and not just because I'm a scaffolder myself) that the ***** in canary wharf/city that earn £20k a year but wear a whistle and work in the same office as someone that earns £100k a year that think their middle class

A good few scaffs prob do earn £50k a year infact some prob clear that so pos 70k a year before tax ( know a couple that clear around the £1k mark per week) I would certainly respect them a lot more (and not just because I'm a scaffolder myself) that the ***** in canary wharf/city that earn £20k a year but wear a whistle and work in the same office as someone that earns £100k a year that think their middle class

In london yes but the rest of the uk especially the north 25k is a good wage.

So I guess scaffolding isn't such a bad career move after all, the only down side for me is the long gevity. How long can u keep going at it, it's a hard game.

It is a hard game Woodsie although there are plenty at it well into their retirement. For me, you start going downhill once you are in your 40's and you have to try and do a bit more with your brain to make up the shortfall.

Top Bottom