Women Scaffolders - Is there a place for them...?

Yeah he has missed the history of the making of a 'Deep fried Pizza' and 'Deep fried Mars bar' however, he now knows how to make 5 min cous cous.....................Not.:D:D

Bet they're better than Ikram:amuse:,havnt heard from Dafty and Happy on this one:wondering:

That's my point entirely Paddy. Keep out the cities, not much there you haven't already got or seen unless you head for Edinburgh where you can still get the pipes and short bread rammed down your throat and I think they are still bemoaning the heavy defeat to your mob at Culloden in Inverness, but the more adventurous traveller is richly rewarded when they venture to the Kintyre peninsula. Not a deep fried mars bar for 136 miles.

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Bet they're better than Ikram:amuse:,havnt heard from Dafty and Happy on this one:wondering:

That will change very soon I would imagine, especially as their local delicacy has been called into question.

Women Scaffolders...???

charlie-albums-artwork-all-scaffolders-picture1027-women-scaffolders.jpg

I'm all for it if I can have one like this in my gang........and I don't care if she can't Hemp a Longun' ......... hahahaha.........:toung:

So im guessing that in REALITY a Woman Scaffolder would more then likely look like this:

muscle-woman-2.jpg

If she did, i wouldn't fukking argue with her, i know that, lol.
:toung:

Is There A Place For Women Scaffolders?

Hmmmmm, and no one said, "yeah, in the kitchen"! :D

Some brilliant pix coming out of all your private collections, by the way!! ;)

So im guessing that in REALITY a Woman Scaffolder would more then likely look like this:

muscle-woman-2.jpg

If she did, i wouldn't fukking argue with her, i know that, lol.
:toung:

fuk me its lou feringo in drag

I've only ever seen a small article about one who started it, holding a single ali system tube. Hate to be the voice of a doom but a scaffolder is someone who can handle galv tube, not put up an ali staircase in system.

However, I wouldn't object to working with one at all, same as most as long as she worked as hard as everyone else. Would be better to look at than another stinking, toothy, hairy scaffolder anyway haha....

as long as thay are british,or irish.
is that good enough for yous all.im trying to calm down this weather.:eek:

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

geordie delicacy PEAS FECKING PUDDING,are you lot that skint you call mashed up peas a pudding.;)

Oh man, I wish I had seen this earlier. Holy f**k, boys. In Alberta, Canada about 1/20 - 1/30 scaffolders are women, so it really isn't that rare. Lots of money to be made here, therefore lots tradeswomen.

- What do you think of Women Scaffolders?
We f**king rock. I LOVE my job! Of course you get the odd lazy one (just like men) but more often than not the women have to earn their respect in a way men don't, and have something to prove. Often the boys have to work harder when I'm around because they don't want to be out done by a woman. LOL!
- Is there a place for them in the trade?
Uhh... is that really your call? Is that any man's call? If you're motivated and can do the job, why the hell not? God this is insulting.
- How hard would you think they would have it?
As hard as you, dummy.
- Would they be treated fairly and equally or would they be laughed at?
Are you f**king kidding me? What century is this? Of course we're treated equally! Sometimes the old school fellas assume you can't lift as much, but then you show 'em that they're idiots for thinking so. You laugh at a woman here and you'll get a clamp thrown at you!
- Would they be constantly harassed? Sexually, physically or mentally?
No. See above, RE: clamp throwing. Believe it or not, most countries actually have laws prohibiting these things! HAHA! Besides, do you really want to mess with a woman who can press as much as you can?
- Would you be happy to work with them?
Some guys with small egos (small d**ks?) can't handle it. They don't like being shown up. Or they have misconceptions that they just can't get past- which is ENTIRELY their issue. Most dudes are happy as long as you are a good team member, can keep up with everyone else, and/or be a good leader (in terms of the journey(wo)men?). Jesus christ. It's not like you're training dogs to stand on their hind legs.

"Mainly due to how she might be treated and the FACT that a Womans body is not designed for the huge physical demand that is placed on a normal Scaffolder - Or a mans body for that matter.
Woman aint built to carry out too much manual labour."

THIS IS SO NOT TRUE. F**k. I've seen women who were 5'4" carrying around 100 lbs of gear on their shoulders, running up the stairs and s**t. That is an assumption you're making, not a fact.

Last edited:
If lady scaffs were available during my Tool times over the years, I would of loved to share my passion of scaffolding & perform with them during erections even on cold frosty mornings.

Last edited:
Oh man, I wish I had seen this earlier. Holy f**k, boys. In Alberta, Canada about 1/20 - 1/30 scaffolders are women, so it really isn't that rare. Lots of money to be made here, therefore lots tradeswomen.

- What do you think of Women Scaffolders?
We f**king rock. I LOVE my job! Of course you get the odd lazy one (just like men) but more often than not the women have to earn their respect in a way men don't, and have something to prove. Often the boys have to work harder when I'm around because they don't want to be out done by a woman. LOL!
- Is there a place for them in the trade?
Uhh... is that really your call? Is that any man's call? If you're motivated and can do the job, why the hell not? God this is insulting.
- How hard would you think they would have it?
As hard as you, dummy.
- Would they be treated fairly and equally or would they be laughed at?
Are you f**king kidding me? What century is this? Of course we're treated equally! Sometimes the old school fellas assume you can't lift as much, but then you show 'em that they're idiots for thinking so. You laugh at a woman here and you'll get a clamp thrown at you!
- Would they be constantly harassed? Sexually, physically or mentally?
No. See above, RE: clamp throwing. Believe it or not, most countries actually have laws prohibiting these things! HAHA! Besides, do you really want to mess with a woman who can press as much as you can?
- Would you be happy to work with them?
Some guys with small egos (small d**ks?) can't handle it. They don't like being shown up. Or they have misconceptions that they just can't get past- which is ENTIRELY their issue. Most dudes are happy as long as you are a good team member, can keep up with everyone else, and/or be a good leader (in terms of the journey(wo)men?). Jesus christ. It's not like you're training dogs to stand on their hind legs.

"Mainly due to how she might be treated and the FACT that a Womans body is not designed for the huge physical demand that is placed on a normal Scaffolder - Or a mans body for that matter.
Woman aint built to carry out too much manual labour."

THIS IS SO NOT TRUE. F**k. I've seen women who were 5'4" carrying around 100 lbs of gear on their shoulders, running up the stairs and s**t. That is an assumption you're making, not a fact.

Go and put the kettle on, there's a good girl.

Great post, Itymchuk... as you can see though, on this side of the pond the men are still prehistoric dinosaurs with their insecurities being the only massive thing about them! :D

Great post, Itymchuk... as you can see though, on this side of the pond the men are still prehistoric dinosaurs with their insecurities being the only massive thing about them! :D

But I like being a prehistoric dinosaur :sad:

Top Bottom