Why am I in this situation???

just like martin luther,john calvin and john knox MICK MY GOOD FRIEND YOU TOO HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT
OR MAYBE JUST MAYBE UNDERNEETH IT ALL WE ARE JUST SCAFFS CUT FROM THE SAME CLOTH
I WILL RAISE A DRAM OF WHISKY--DID YOU SEE THAT WHISKY TO YOUR HEALTH YOUR WEALTH AND YOUR HAPPINESS MY FRIEND;)
I'll double that mate but My dram will have to be whiskEy.
However in the interests of cementing our friendship I'm prepared to retry a drop of Jockwater.
Any recommendations??
P.S don't tell aom lol.

Thats sounds about right then bud
dont jack its easier to get a job when you are in a job
watch yersel

Hi spannerman,
I did a very similar but I was out of the construction industry completely for 14 years and suddenly needed a job fast so I phoned a number and got a start on a large site (this was back in 2009 when there was more work about). When I left there were no harnesses or double handrails!! so I had to pick up on the safety stuff pretty quick, but I did fine and was on the tools for a couple of years so it can certainly be done if you get the right type of firm. As you say, it's not rocket science, your already in the industry so I would say it's certainly achievable .

What the feck has whiskey got to do with it????

Cant stand it........ give me a brandy, that'll do, cheers all

How very dare you, the Bowmore is pure nectar you Luddite.:laugh:

Mick Pray your forum friend BF gets church job. Might give you a start. Doesnt your boss know he has to supply ppe.

Right lads, help me or slate me!! Ive had it all today so i dont give a S.H.I.T.

After being on the tools i was a supervisor for 5 years and have been in management for nearly eight years, now I have to work for a right asshole of an MD
He wont supply gloves to the lads.
The harnesses are out of date
The money is target and the lowest in the area, hence all the good lads have left and I am left with a bunch of idiots, only yesterday I went to site and had to stop one of them basing out on THERMALITE BLOCKS, sleeves in same bay and the front of the house was 4" lower than the back, feck me it's not rocket science is it? Both are part 2 and been doing it 15 years plus!!!!!!!!

RAMS are down to me---NO Training
NO supervisor or management training what so ever even our S/O has told him we need training course's.

Gave him this months figure's and he moaned that's not enough so my reply was IF YOU RENEWED the chapter 8 certs I wouldnt have had to GIVE away 3 decent jobs:mad:

So whats the question I hear you ask?

Well I am seriously thinking of going back on the tools, can walk into a job tomorrow and even earn more!! Will my body take it after pushing a pen for the last 12 years or so

Can you put up an 8x8 tower without it falling over spannerman? If you can you have no place in management and should go back on the tools.

Jockwater

Too late.;)

aom will have to check his cellar first for which dram available for sassenachs liking.

Attachments

• 4.gif
    4.gif
    14.4 KB · Views: 7
  • securedownload[9].jpg
    securedownload[9].jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 9
  • securedownload[10].jpg
    securedownload[10].jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 8
  • securedownload[8].jpg
    securedownload[8].jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 9
  • securedownload[11].jpg
    securedownload[11].jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 9
Just get back on the tools like have a spanner says anyone who can do an 8x8 is wasted in management.

Life's to short to put up with the **** your getting

Right lads, help me or slate me!! Ive had it all today so i dont give a S.H.I.T.

After being on the tools i was a supervisor for 5 years and have been in management for nearly eight years, now I have to work for a right asshole of an MD
He wont supply gloves to the lads.
The harnesses are out of date
The money is target and the lowest in the area, hence all the good lads have left and I am left with a bunch of idiots, only yesterday I went to site and had to stop one of them basing out on THERMALITE BLOCKS, sleeves in same bay and the front of the house was 4" lower than the back, feck me it's not rocket science is it? Both are part 2 and been doing it 15 years plus!!!!!!!!

RAMS are down to me---NO Training
NO supervisor or management training what so ever even our S/O has told him we need training course's.

Gave him this months figure's and he moaned that's not enough so my reply was IF YOU RENEWED the chapter 8 certs I wouldnt have had to GIVE away 3 decent jobs:mad:

So whats the question I hear you ask?

Well I am seriously thinking of going back on the tools, can walk into a job tomorrow and even earn more!! Will my body take it after pushing a pen for the last 12 years or so

Sounds like an accident waiting to happen,if it was me i would take the job offer and walk,all the best what ever you decide.

go for it mate,i was off tools full time for 14 years,it hurt like f>>k for afew weeks but i can massage the job for my benefit & not for some tit.good luck!.

Tell the MD you need to get on the tools for a few days to sort these lads out and then you will know if your past it or not , personally i cat stand office work bores the life out of me and i always find my self more tired after a day in the office

Tell the MD you need to get on the tools for a few days to sort these lads out and then you will know if your past it or not , personally i cat stand office work bores the life out of me and i always find my self more tired after a day in the office

Good one Phil, although when we were busy I still kept my hand in at weekends but obviously that aint the same as doing 7 days a week.

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

Where are you based spannerman?

Down in the South West Swifty and the job is in London, not going to say where though as some one might pinch it:laugh:

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Take the contacts and start on your own

Problem is Greedy boy the head aches wouldnt go away more responsibility and then chasing your money week in week out

Top Bottom