Why am I in this situation???

spannerman

Reaction score
Right lads, help me or slate me!! Ive had it all today so i dont give a S.H.I.T.

After being on the tools i was a supervisor for 5 years and have been in management for nearly eight years, now I have to work for a right asshole of an MD
He wont supply gloves to the lads.
The harnesses are out of date
The money is target and the lowest in the area, hence all the good lads have left and I am left with a bunch of idiots, only yesterday I went to site and had to stop one of them basing out on THERMALITE BLOCKS, sleeves in same bay and the front of the house was 4" lower than the back, feck me it's not rocket science is it? Both are part 2 and been doing it 15 years plus!!!!!!!!

RAMS are down to me---NO Training
NO supervisor or management training what so ever even our S/O has told him we need training course's.

Gave him this months figure's and he moaned that's not enough so my reply was IF YOU RENEWED the chapter 8 certs I wouldnt have had to GIVE away 3 decent jobs:mad:

So whats the question I hear you ask?

Well I am seriously thinking of going back on the tools, can walk into a job tomorrow and even earn more!! Will my body take it after pushing a pen for the last 12 years or so

if u can earn more , without all this hassle , go for it . and the work will soon have you fighting fit.

You'll need some hand cream for a few weeks for your blisters, but I'm sure you'll survive :D:D

you may hurt for a week but its plain sailing after that.
i have been in a similar situation and when the shiit hits the fan you will be that fan.if they dont want to do it right with all the regs and best practice shiit i personally wouldnt hang around for the innevitable.
best of luck whatever you do bud

In my humble opinion the simple answer is no. The boy's will leave you for dust after 12 weeks never mind 12 years. I feel like it's going through pre season training every time I spend a few days in the office.

if u can earn more , without all this hassle , go for it . and the work will soon have you fighting fit.

Thanks stleger need to be fit before I leave so I can throw a punch right between his eyes;)

obviously you wont want to go out on the street or ****** building sites , get yourself a good number. i suppose thats easier said than done.

In my humble opinion the simple answer is no. The boy's will leave you for dust after 12 weeks never mind 12 years. I feel like it's going through pre season training every time I spend a few days in the office.

Trouble is aom office jobs are far and few between in this area and to be honest I am not that unfit but I know it will hurt as the other lads have said.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

obviously you wont want to go out on the street or ****** building sites , get yourself a good number. i suppose thats easier said than done.

Would team up with previous mates and they will carry me for the first week or two (hopefully):D

they may have been friends before but when they were short in their wages you are no longer a friend expect pain:eek:

And a dollop of regret I would expect. Maybe not but I would have to think carefully before making any rash decisions. It has crossed my mind loads of times but every time I get an erse of a client I am grateful I don't have to listen to them every day for the rest of my working life.

A wee break sometimes works wonders and if the firm has been going down hill for a while you have to ask yourself why and who exactly is to blame, it can't all be down to poor harnesses although the glove thing is bad.

I take it you have had a few attempts at talking to the MD?

as the old song goes (somebody will youtube it)
THERES NO REGRETS----NO TEARS GOODBYE----ITS OOOVVVEEER :cry:
THE WALKER BROTHERS I THINK

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Uo054NkhF8&feature=fvst]Walker Brothers - No Regrets (1976) - YouTube[/ame]

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Howzat.

And a dollop of regret I would expect. Maybe not but I would have to think carefully before making any rash decisions. It has crossed my mind loads of times but every time I get an erse of a client I am grateful I don't have to listen to them every day for the rest of my working life.

A wee break sometimes works wonders and if the firm has been going down hill for a while you have to ask yourself why and who exactly is to blame, it can't all be down to poor harnesses although the glove thing is bad.

I take it you have had a few attempts at talking to the MD?

Who's to blame, when the lads were on an hourly rate the jobs were done properly and I had a waiting list of scaffs wanting to come on and join us.
Change to target rough scaffs rough jobs, left with the dregs and no waiting list.
So the answer is the MD is to blame all of his own making, and yes talked till blue in the face and this has been ongoing for a couple of years and he is just not even accepting compromise

Sorry to hear that Spannerman. I must admit I have long since suspected price work was the ruination of the construction trade in general although I know there are plenty who do it successfully. Try a wee holiday before you look out the guns.

Sorry to hear that Spannerman. I must admit I have long since suspected price work was the ruination of the construction trade in general although I know there are plenty who do it successfully. Try a wee holiday before you look out the guns.

I suspect getting run over by a bus would be less painfull:sick:

haha, agreed. My days are definitely numbered.

who passed off the shiit jobs?
if you let shiit jobs go then it becomes the norm,then the norm becomes shiit
because its price doesnt mean standards have to drop.
they will if the price drops. ;)

just like martin luther,john calvin and john knox MICK MY GOOD FRIEND YOU TOO HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT
OR MAYBE JUST MAYBE UNDERNEETH IT ALL WE ARE JUST SCAFFS CUT FROM THE SAME CLOTH
I WILL RAISE A DRAM OF WHISKY--DID YOU SEE THAT WHISKY TO YOUR HEALTH YOUR WEALTH AND YOUR HAPPINESS MY FRIEND;)

who passed off the shiit jobs?
if you let shiit jobs go then it becomes the norm,then the norm becomes shiit
because its price doesnt mean standards have to drop.
they will if the price drops. ;)

80 pence a foot for independent
full birdcage to whole of floors £78.00

And yes thats why standards have dropped hope that explains it
Refused to sign off one base lift before it was rectified took two men 3 hours to put right, make them put it right before signing off and even not paid them but they still try and get away with it, then that puts you behind on other jobs then the crap starts all over again

Top Bottom