Where do you work and how far do you travel

Depends on the day of the week
Mon-wed heavy traffic means up to 2hrs each way
Thur -sat light traffic = 1.5hrs each way
& a masive fuel bill as well

I take my hat off to you guys working away for days/ weeks at a time, especially you offshore ones, so dependent on good weather to get out and back... hours of sitting around waiting. I guess, if you're waiting to go, it's not so bad but still hellish boring.

May I make a timely reminder that any travel TO temporary sites using your own vehicle is a claiming tax back area! :D I thank you!

Just over an hours drive to site. Couple years ago it was 5 minutes to the yard. Fingers crossed this year there's a site coming up that's about 15 minutes away from me...!

I am back up North since yesterday I start my shift tonight, shift runs from 6 pm to 6 am.
We didn't get back in camp till 6:15 last night and then I had to wait for my luggage cause they fly us in so I said screw it I'm not going in the first night.
Here is a little video of the camp they nicked named it Wapatraz, I have been here since March 2012 made good money but I am getting sick of always working up North.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB717EXRwe0]Kearl Oil Sands camp Wapasu - YouTube[/ame]

Looks like Castlemilk on a Sunday morning.

I am back up North since yesterday I start my shift tonight, shift runs from 6 pm to 6 am.
We didn't get back in camp till 6:15 last night and then I had to wait for my luggage cause they fly us in so I said screw it I'm not going in the first night.
Here is a little video of the camp they nicked named it Wapatraz, I have been here since March 2012 made good money but I am getting sick of always working up North.

Kearl Oil Sands camp Wapasu - YouTube

Reminds me of a 70s holiday camp................hi de hi :nuts:

Back in late 80's start sun night at 19.00hr night bus from London to Aberdeen then midday get Chinook to Dublin a total about 20 hr one way.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Back in late 80's start sun night at 19.00hr night bus from London to Aberdeen then midday get Chinook to DUNLIN A total about 20 hr one way.

Top Bottom