Where do you not use sways?

Aye your a good man Alastair, i think,:huh:

Funny how i have never met,anyone on this Forum before, and yet by chatting i can feel that my chosen SF friends, are FRIENDS.;)

Don't panic Paddy I don't expect it to last long.:smile1:

you can tell the old school scaffs from the new boys, pre tg20/sg4 and all the rest the philiosphy was every corner or 100' dont put more in to it than you need to, pinch tieing in any type of revel was just standard its nothing to do with cowboy firms or slashers, even today i put up an internal scaffold on a strcse where is just wasn't practical to put in a sway and used the pinch method - sometimes common sense and practicality have to take over, and as for looks yeh ok if it looks nice fair enough but ffs you dont need to put loads of extra tube into a job just to make it look good- why make more work for yourself i,ve often found over the years that guys that put far to much into the job only do it because there inability to understand the material they're using and how to make a safe platform without the aid of a drawing, the only time i put in loads is if i've taken the piiss out of the contractor with a well over the top price and need to make it look as complicated as possible lolo

I have never read so much sh1t in all the years i have been in this game,no wonder its going down hill.

a sway is part of your scaffold like a ledger is part of your scaffold ,why would you leave them out ,i cant think of one good reason.just put them in its part of the job.

a sway is part of your scaffold like a ledger is part of your scaffold ,why would you leave them out ,i cant think of one good reason.just put them in its part of the job.

yes put them in!! there quicker than a ladder and you get too tea first:laugh:

I have never read so much sh1t in all the years i have been in this game,no wonder its going down hill.

ur intitiled to your opinion m8 but at least explain yourself if ur gonna slate the bloke,
i dont know u at all but i've worked wiv this geezer and i gotta say not only is he one switched on cookie but proberbly one of the best blokes i've ever come accross. if more bosses where like him then the industry wouldn't be in the state its in

ur intitiled to your opinion m8 but at least explain yourself if ur gonna slate the bloke,
i dont know u at all but i've worked wiv this geezer and i gotta say not only is he one switched on cookie but proberbly one of the best blokes i've ever come accross. if more bosses where like him then the industry wouldn't be in the state its in

I dont have to explain myself to you or anyone else, just read the crap he posted.He might be the best bloke ime not doubting that.

Fuuuck me only come on to answer some PMs and walked into this slagging match -u seem to have got ur knickers in a twist there oldspanner havent you, where are you from my friend are you local to me? and somewhere down the line of nearly 30years turning a spanner i've upset you or is it just the time of the month,you are as usual intitled to your opinion, but mine must be shared by others if not yourself as some guys have left their thx:p

ps to hotspanner...oi gayboy u after a raise lolol:love:

Last edited:
haha, shouldn't take you too long though.;)

lolo thx for gettin rid of the nutter but pleassssssssssssse change cheryl
lololo and as for you Alister u should know better lololol

lololo thought she took over from cheryl on xfactor cos she looked like her proves my point lolol

Is it APRIL 1ST?Leave them out?Jesus wept 40+ years never left them out,(well maybe lift shafts!)but on any other job they are a must.The clue is in the name SWAY BRACE!!!

Facade bracing, Wind bracing,Sway brace, yep doesnt matter what you call it..... it is a major stabilising factor in a scaffold structure.

Top Bottom