whats wrong with this scaffold

• Thread starter the man in the know
  • Start date
Beams not spliced, havent even got the right components for cuplock got to brace it up with T & F, complete bag of *****, just had a pint in 2 pubs with scaffolding on them and had to get the **** out of there, standards tied in on the plastic gutter with doubles, 4 inside boards, what the fcuk not picked up thou, and they even have there company name's plastered all over the jobs. :nuts::nuts:

T i often base out with clipping the inside standards to the gutter with a double it was a tip i learned many years ago and works a treat as long as you dont over tighten the double and break the gutter :D

T i often base out with clipping the inside standards to the gutter with a double it was a tip i learned many years ago and works a treat as long as you dont over tighten the double and break the gutter :D

Dose that make a good tie then Phil a double fixed to a gutter :D

ahhhhh fook it they still look better then that bridge and are probably stronger :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

What about just lying a couple of 10' tubes at an angle about 16' apart then a couple of butts to set your distance from the wall. Tend to break less gutter that way.:noworry:

What about just lying a couple of 10' tubes at an angle about 16' apart then a couple of butts to set your distance from the wall. Tend to break less gutter that way.:noworry:

yep do that as well mate , but sometimes if your up against say a glass conservatory it so much safer and quicker to just clip to the gutter

get a house thats magnetic phill its easier lol!!

LOL dico we done a job in Earls Court a few yeas ago it was an amusement arcade, painter phones up on for job to come down about 2 weeks later and say be careful as the scaffold becomes live every now and again i made them cut the power to the shop and knocked it down on a Sunday morning , :laugh::laugh: i can still imagine the dopey painter getting a shock every now and again :laugh::laugh: but just carrying on anyway

wasnt it a decorator job you mention where the boards got chored, an the decorator thought you had took them back cos you needed them lol so pushed 4 boards around whole job himself lol :nuts:

Yep a single and a bit of packin works a treat on inside standerds on the gutter, only trouble is i can never reach em :sick:

HAHAHAHAHHA it was the same firm of painters superscaff one of them dropped a gallon of black gloss paint from the 5th lift on a job in Cheney Walk Chelsea it covered 4 top class motors and 2 pedestrians

Top Bottom