What is the % split on invoices for scaffolding and labour

this is ok if you are hireing gear in for jobs but the tax man could be a bit funny about it because the gear is your own but it do not sound to far out of the way mate

I would agree, it's not up to her to decide the split it's entirely up to you, it's also up to you to be able to justify it should the tax man ask but that's it. Tell her to feck off and release the payment.

Thought supply of materials was not subject to stopages by client.

This is fine for 99% of my clients but there is one company or admin woman for a company who tells me that I cannot charge 60% hire as it is too high??? Also says I cannot charge 60% hire because I have already purchased my scaffold and paid tax on it. I am very confused as she is now holding my payment until I change the breakdown and division of it all???? I thought I could charge whatever I want to hire as its my kit?? Plus my overall bill to them is the cheapest quote they get??? Please can anyone help me out in this matter??

How does she know you have purchased the scaffolding and paid tax on it, tell the stuck up cow that it is on hire and to release your payment immediately before she gets a county court judgement or better still go round and slip her a length LOL

Scaffold hire

Hiya guys, many thanks for your help so far. It is so annoying because no other client has a problem with it, what would be the problem if the tax man did ask too?? I have asked a few other firms and they also seem to think I can charge what I like. Majority also do the same 60/40 split or they take 20% off whole vat bill which is also fine. If this becomes a problem would anyone have any advice as to how I can break the invoice down so that I don't have to go any higher on my labour????

Thanks guys really appreciate it

Peter Bennett
Smiffys scaffolding

Sometimes you just have to be firm and tell them that's the way it is and that's that.

If the tax man was to ask you would have to have a formula to prove your calculations were correct although Bettertax would be the people to confirm or deny that to be the case but again as far as I know the tax man would be very unlikely to ask for confirmation unless there wasn't enough in your account to cover your tax liabilities.

Maybe instead of listening to rumour and best guesses you would be better speaking to your accountant who would tell you 100%.

Top Bottom