What Impact Wrench do you Use?

Good to hear , I have had one for years , every time it breaks I get it fixed for free and a courtesy one too. My mate has had 3 desalts to my one , so it speaks for it's self, good kit for professional users .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol 3 to 1 ay my mate has snap on always done 2 battery's by dinner time nothing keeps up with the latest Hilti drill and small and light to helps

Ok had the Makita in use for about 5 weeks now, The two 3MAh cells that it came with just about see a day out, but that Gorilla hook is really starting to grate, and the impact wrench has certainly taken a beating once holstered as all the rubber grip parts are now coming away and holed from the way it jigs around once holstered, I'm thinking I could well be better off with a soft formed Makita frog/holster and a lanyard line instead, as I find the Gorilla hook slow to release the wrench when I need it and virtually impossible to draw with my left hand if the right hand is busy so to speak(no no lets not go there LOL).

What are the better conventional Holster models that you've put in to use?
Many thanks in advance.

I find b-q's own drill holster a good buy reg, i think there £10. As well as holding your drill you can put your marker pens in the front, or if you slice the two holders you can put your spanner in there as well.

I've tried all sorts m8 named onces like the makita/ dewalt that are circa £30 & cheep makes such as Screwfix do a universal drill pouch for £5 - excellent for secure holding the only downside to it is the pop rivits pull through the nylon after a while but tbh its a quick fix wiv a zippie tie & another few wks use- but good value for a fiver

I must be well behind the times ! Just been reading this thread about IW.. How fast do ye fire a job up with the IW? I like me spanner, it's what I'm used too...although I will say, I don't work on price....but, if I did....I'd prob give it a go....certainly would feel strange though.

Its noy just about speed m8 but ease as well but if ur talking productivity your talking 3 fittings on an IW to 1 with a spanner

I hear Ya SP.... I'm behind the times...that's all.. I respect that ya got a business to run...and productivity boils down to pounds shillings and pence....

Anto,
try one you won't go back to a spanner.
That sounds like an Amy song lol

Anto,
try one you won't go back to a spanner.
That sounds like an Amy song lol

Cheers for that Swifty.... Too be truthful.... Since I took up new position lately.....I've rarely worn the spanners....just put them on for some minor adjustments etc. so I won't be investing just yet....

thegorillahook.com | "Tools Stay Secure" | "Tools Stay Secure"

You won't beat these.

I got one Swifty but find it a pain to use, I've also found myself leaning against safety rails with the drill in use becoming attached to the rail via the Gorilla Hook which becomes infuriating after a while, and as mentioned in my previous post my drill is falling apart with the battering it takes flopping around in that Hook whilst clambering around.

I'll have a look down B&Q this weekend for a holster and sort out a lanyard for it.

I got one Swifty but find it a pain to use, I've also found myself leaning against safety rails with the drill in use becoming attached to the rail via the Gorilla Hook which becomes infuriating after a while, and as mentioned in my previous post my drill is falling apart with the battering it takes flopping around in that Hook whilst clambering around.

I'll have a look down B&Q this weekend for a holster and sort out a lanyard for it.

Well Reg I find the holsters can't keep the IW in the holster if you need to climb up a ladder or the old way.
The Gorilla keeps it on your belt not the floor no broken gun no summons.
It does hit the trigger now and then just put it in park before it hits the gorilla simple.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

@ Den, Back to black lol.

If you were controlling labour would you pick Dino with the swingover or Clint with his sharp shooter?

Lazy adv. industrials from Swansea, we may be in touch, it all depends if a couple of keen pt1's are still interested. If not I'll be in touch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom