Was i right to walk off the job...?

What is the law, I know your dinner can be unpaid but it's pretty tight is it not?

sounds like a normal job at the old sgb as i remember it work 12 hours get paid 8 lol...industry has gone full circle...

I Would Probably Have Told Them To Ram It As Well Jason, The Only Snag Is Mate You Are The One Trying To Find Work Not Me Best Of Luck In That Department ,Hope You Find Something Soon.

Petty penny pinching would be a more appropriate term for it mate.
Are Laing O'Rourke always this petty?

LOR time their lads to the minute using the site signing in system (usually a retinal scan)

This contravenes the Data Protection Act - But who's to know...

you were more than right to walk away work 11 get paid 10 that takes us back to the dickens era.phil spot-on we had the same argument with cape dont like all this james bond stuff now days.

you a bit like me jason cant keep your mouth shut but i would probably do the same exspecially if you wasnt told that you would loose the hour for breaks!!! 11 hours in my book means 11 hours paye to be told 11 hours payed minus your breaks 1 hour then you would of known in advance then it would of been your choice to take job or not!!! tossers dont take into consideration what time you get up in the morning and get home fookem!!!! its 2012 not 1960 let them get a smart ar!e that takes hes breaks and bangs fook all up all day rather than someone who can throw it up there loose mate!!!

think your point of view regarding hours/breaks is maybe not right , im sure you'll get something soon

I think it's something we'll be seeing a lot more of,this not paying breaks nonsense,think about it,if langs o rorke have say 10,000 employees nationaly,that's a saving of 50'000 manhours a week,a very large sum over a year.

Very true, but do they really think all their men work from bell to bell?

It's probably just wee man syndrome kicking in.:)

We provide a professional service for work at Heathrow and can assist with contract work if you are stuck: mike.mann@hays.com
Hopefully we can change your opinion about agencies.

u mugs crack me up. no wonder the industrys in such a f***king state, want,want,want- if u dont work u dont earn simple as that, even if u lose that hour your not actually working it are you, trouble is all you whiners want to be paid like your are p.a.y.e with benifits but want the pay and tax breaks of being self employed get a grip u greedy whineing brtards,
take it as a lesson learnt jason gibbs the grass is only greener on the over side cos people keep pisin on it

Alrite Jason It depends on personal circumstances but me ?I'd have done exactly the same I've had a fuc#ing gut full of these ****#ng agencies all taking the p#ss.

Top Bottom