Wages in New Zealand

You mean the Hamburg job?
Dont know if the scaffold is still there or if they replaced it with a new bridge.

Phil Next time your in Perth let me know we could meet for a beer halfway between there and here Mount Magnet or Meekatharra??? There will be a pub I am sure :laugh:

Sounds good mate, I need to get some diving in at Ningaloo, although I'm off to Bermuda tomorrow - so you'll have to make do with a postcard for the time being!

You been up to Broome yet?

It's the same all over the world you cannot monopolise all the money in the would for your own us, It would be like say stay in your country & don't go anywhere els for your holidays as the people don't want you there, their is a plenty to go around for every one to for those who want to see, Places to go, Maybe if you approach one of these you don't want to be in your country & say do you have a home for rent he will help you to see more & understand the world of what it is? You can take from him what he's taking from you, You mite need his help on your house or car, Maybe he cleans your car what someone did not want to do some years ago? Thank you for your reply.

Sounds good mate, I need to get some diving in at Ningaloo, although I'm off to Bermuda tomorrow - so you'll have to make do with a postcard for the time being!

You been up to Broome yet?

Bermuda??? and I thought i got about lol
Not been to Broome yet but hopefully will go up there next year as theres a big LNG plant planned for nearby.

Have fun in Bermuda.....dont forget your shorts:cheesy:

Bermuda??? and I thought i got about lol
Not been to Broome yet but hopefully will go up there next year as theres a big LNG plant planned for nearby.

Have fun in Bermuda.....dont forget your shorts:cheesy:

Yeah I'm quite pleased with myself as I cashed in a load of my BA executive club points, so we are travelling in First.

Which is nice.

Thanks for the input lads :) I'm going to go for it for the sheare experience, after all you only live once and working in a foreign country has to be the best way to see the world. Money always makes things better but there will be a massive atmosphere with the buzz of the rugby world cup.

Richiedry are you a advanced or basic scaffolder???
With the figures you mentioned $23per hour 60hr week after tax rent and food you're still left with $560 for the week or have I mucked up the math???

No you are right the money for a young guy going out there to make a little see the world is grate, I would want a little more that that, Time is passing for me & I need to make money fast, I don't want to be doing this because I need to? That not what you want when you get older!!!! Yes I am Advanced & that money would be for a Advanced Scaff with over .... Years expireance as a Advanced Scaff, The money is a lot less, Like I say if you want to see a little grate, Setting up in a new place with your family is a big thing something you need to think about a lot, So for me & my family we need to go or do something that will progress our lives. I hope you the best & have a good time!!! Thank you for your mail.

No you are right the money for a young guy going out there to make a little see the world is grate, I would want a little more that that, Time is passing for me & I need to make money fast, I don't want to be doing this because I need to? That not what you want when you get older!!!! Yes I am Advanced & that money would be for a Advanced Scaff with over .... Years expireance as a Advanced Scaff, The money is a lot less, Like I say if you want to see a little grate, Setting up in a new place with your family is a big thing something you need to think about a lot, So for me & my family we need to go or do something that will progress our lives. I hope you the best & have a good time!!! Thank you for your mail.

Richiedry,
Do you know Rick Copping who worked on Sakahlin Island?

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Thanks for the input lads :) I'm going to go for it for the sheare experience, after all you only live once and working in a foreign country has to be the best way to see the world. Money always makes things better but there will be a massive atmosphere with the buzz of the rugby world cup.

Richiedry are you a advanced or basic scaffolder???
With the figures you mentioned $23per hour 60hr week after tax rent and food you're still left with $560 for the week or have I mucked up the math???

Go for it Big Lol,
Great to see the world and it can lead to many other exciting opportunities.
Remember "Once a travelling man.....Always a travelling man"
Wish you safe and happy travels.

Go for it big lol,theres no downside to it.with the current exchange rate $2=£1 and if you time it right,decide not to stay you may get a decent rebate, when you leave. Good Luck in your travels.

There is no silence I sent you a PM saying I know Rick & Kevin Wood I sent it PM as I gave you Kev's email if you need a reference? Ya say hello to Rick & give him my email!!!!

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

What up?

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Or!!! Sorry what's up?

There is no silence I sent you a PM saying I know Rick & Kevin Wood I sent it PM as I gave you Kev's email if you need a reference? Ya say hello to Rick & give him my email!!!!

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

What up?

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Or!!! Sorry what's up?

No PM son you must have forgotten to send it.
Its you who needs a reference as I have a job.
Will be seeing Rick on Wednesday.

Worked in Oz myself back in 2000, Bulwer Island Petro-Chem met some great Scaffs advise anyone to go if you can !!

Richiedry chill out man your posts here have made me laugh !! In a nice way :)

Mark, thank you for replying to my post, You know it's so frustrating when you know you want to be somewhere & their are companies wanting you but getting a Visa is very hard it seems? Do you know any Companies that are looking for Advanced Scaff? PM me if you do, Thanks.

Blimey Havespanner, you must live in some mansion to be paying that much in rent. Cheaper to buy aint it? You also seperated Maoris from Kiwis???? As far as I know they're the same nation.:rolleyes: Ive lived and worked in Oz and N.Z. and came back to london with money in my pocket and had a great lifestyle in both places. (The missus couldnt settle) Richiedry you say youve been offered a job in NZ,well lucky old you. Your not looking to immigrate for a better life:wacko:seems to me you just want to go somewhere,suck the money out to have a nice life in your own country. Your not the sort of person the Kiwis and Ossies want my friend. There are many Croats and others living in England doing exactly that, but working for less than the right rate of pay and been undermining us for years. Hope they make their money and f.ck off soon:D

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

Oh yeah Big lol,if you get a chance to go to NZ or OZ take it and give it a go,perhaps richiedry could pass you on the number of company that called him...lol..

bang on the mark again frederik,couldnt have put it better myself

Is there the quality of workmanship good in Oz/NZ ?
and how was Bermuda phil181 ? Looking at that neck of woods for an Xmas break ?

Is there the quality of workmanship good in Oz/NZ ?
and how was Bermuda phil181 ? Looking at that neck of woods for an Xmas break ?

Bermuda was very pleasant thank you.

It's a bit pricey and it gets busy at Xmas, so I advise you book soon if you want to go then.

It's a bit pricey and it gets busy at Xmas, so I advise you book soon if you want to go then.

Red Viking, I would take Phil's advice on the holiday front as he seems to be abroad more than a holiday rep! :p

The bread knife has whittled it down to 3 places in bermuda got good Internet deals on each if we book soon , before we do can you recommend any hotel /resort etc .
Cheers RV

Admin seen in other posts he does some airmiles so a heads up is always a good start .

Phil181 you don't live near Judith Charmers do you !!

Top Bottom