Umbrella company paid me way to much.

Send me a monkee right now and I wont tell anyone. :DThis is not a bribe.

You mean this?

3.jpg

or this?

wad_of_20_pound_notes.jpg

:confused: Lol.

Technically it's theft,
You know it's not yours and you should pay it back,
But it will cost them way more to try and recover it back from you,
so you might just have had a touch.

I once worked for an agency called Adecco when I was just 16, they didn't put my timesheet in on time so I didn't get paid on the friday. I went in carrying on and they paid me out of petty cash. For some reason they said I would get 2 weeks payments the following friday and I would have to come into the office and pay it back in cash (no idea why) Anyways, the following friday I was paid and disappeared forever. Few weeks later I saw the guy who gave me the petty cash in Leeds City Centre, he chased me through town and I lost him in HMV :laugh:

its amazing when our moneys wrong the world nos about it but now and again when theres a blip no one says nothing and its the best way to keep it. as lose lips sink ships

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

You mean this?

3.jpg

or this?

wad_of_20_pound_notes.jpg

:confused: Lol.

is that your weeks wages at the bottom jason. or admins bung for ya videos:laugh:

sorry you may not agree with me but i think the only one you are kidding is yourself....just pay the money back, it'll come back to haunt you one way or another - either you'll never get work from them again, or you'll end up with a ccj against you at the least- they have all your details bank,NI,address everything! including the fact the monies paid to your account by accident so in fact what you are doing is theft and they will bring criminal charges against you- the police just love open & shut casses like this,easy to prosecute... wheres your integrity & honour!!!
about 3 weeks ago i overpaid a guy due to forgetting he didnt work, last week he phoned me to complain his money was wrong because he'd worked overtime on a bank holiday,so i got the accounts to check it up as its really unusual for us to make this mistake - thats when i realised i'd previously overpaid him to which he conceded he was aware of but really needed the money so didnt tell me - he's been with us for about 4 months so he's still trying to earn my trust to which he has now failed, that then made me look further and found abuse of the vechile and fuel card that i had given him...theft is theft simple as that...like i said the only one your fooling is yourself , and evevything comes to light eventually

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

What i'm thinking is when they ring (not if) i'll set up to pay um back pay as much as £850 back over a period of time bump um on the last £450 as it will cost them more to get the £450 back through legal proceedings i'm sure they will be happy to recoup most of the dosh and i'm happy to be up a weeks wages.

and its stupid ideas like this that fuccck it up for every other person in the game

worked for a firm in the 70's picking 2 lads up in my car, the chargehand told the supervisor to pay all the exes to me as i was picking them up door to door turns out they were paying lodge three months lodge three men tax free loadsamoney

:eek:get off yer high horses for feck sake.its all about trust now is it,what about when the shoes on the other foot how many on here have done price jobs to be told that wasnt the agreed price or the extras were in the price.i would also like to add the amount of genuine guys ripped off by agencies who promise the world and LIE YES LIE to get you on a job they know you will walk from after a shift and then dont pay you for that shift.
if you want to work for the company or agency and they are ok then be honest if not feck them ;)
PLEASE REMEMBER WE ARE SCAFFOLDERS NOT QUAKERS,WEE FREES OR ANY OTHER HONOURABLE SOCIETY

Where's my Integrity and on honour??? I could have asked that about alot of bosses who have under paid me, told me there's 2 years work and then laid me off 1 month later.I once worked for a company that paid holiday pay at National minimum wage x6 hours and if we didn't like it then "feck off" was there reply. I've been stitched up loads of time as i'm sure alot of people on here have.
Theft? hardly i didn't even see half of it as it went out on bills. Bills i couldn't pay because a top boss laid me off (and at least 12 others) with out notice.
Police?? don't be so stupid it will go down as a small claims matter police will not be involved.
To be honest im more then happy to bump a umbrella company as they charge £80 a month just to take the 20% out for taxes abit excessive don't you think??I would happily do this myself but the recruitment company only deal with the umbrella company?? stange?? just lining each others pockets
It's nice to have the boot on the other foot for once.

with an attitude like that fella you deserve everything you get !
dont mater how u try and justify it,or wot excuse u make its theft simple as that;
sounds like you had some raw deals in the past but perhaps you wanna ask yourself if its them or you......if u think you could do better invest several hundred thousand pounds in yourself and set up your company, see if your attitude is the same after a few years of people with your attitude mugging you off....

southern the whole umbrella is a scam to feck the taxman the worker because hes not really an employee and probably hasnt any insurance when push comes to shove.the umbrella company is really an accountants who charge you on average £20 a week for the privlage of getting your wages.this kind of crap went out with the industrial revolution when you worked in the factory houses and shopped in the factory shop.
it should be outlawed.
the fact that accountants cant work out the correct figures is down to ineptitude so feck them wee man.

i've never had to deal with a umberalla company but understand the way they work and your right in a way its not so much a scam but a way of the agency of avoiding not the tax but the other legal obligations that they are now required by law to give such as NI contributions,holiday pay etc - the government will eventually close the loop hole as they want everyone to be employed - but until they do then you'll get these leeches - but unfotunatley unlike the good old days of 714/ 18% when lots people never used to buy their stamps,we now have a large influx of eastern europeans who if they had the chance would not only not pay there stamp and tax but would sighn on up until they got caught and then just fuuuck off back accross the water........& the govenment doesnt want to lose all that dosh , so.the time of the self employeed is limited, and not helped by themselves when you take them on as such and give them the higher wages, they then come back to you after the contract and say "i've been speaking to such & such and they rekon i should av got holiday pay" now come on your either self employed and want the freedom of such or go on the cards ;)

southern you are right my friend and alas this umbrella is another reason why we are on our knees.it must be hard for real scaffolding companies and labour only subbies but this crap is what you are competing with.last but not least good on horrellsm feck the cants they are not scaffolding contractors but impostors raping the game :eek:

This has all gone rather political. Southernpoofter you looking it from a employer(who's been mugged off)point of view im looking at it through an employee point of view(who's been stitched up) we're always going to disagree on it. I'd also like to add if i'd been overpaid by a decent company(if there's any out there) i'd have through gritted teeth gone and told them there mistake. But as it's an umbrella company who make there money from my HARD work i'm not at all bothered to have um over. O and the good news is they put another £50 in my bank today so at this rate i'll soon have the chance to invest several hundred thousand pounds. I might call it umbrella scaffolding what do you think??

Has anybody got a problem with me deleting this thread at the request of the op?

This has been one of the best threads I can recall. It's sparked a good and open debate and now it's going to be deleted because some kid can't work out how to turn off email notifications!

Madness...

There was also another time when I had an "overpayment" as it were when I was also 16.

Got a job labouring with another agency for a load of Bricky's. After about 2 or 3 hours I couldn't stand it anymore and decided that I'd do the sandwich run, being all polite as the new boy. Must have collected about 30 quid off them all and promptly went straight home with my mornings takings. Had to get paid somehow :laugh:

Top Bottom