Tube through fitting Question

Our company(Cape) stipulates that a fitting must have a minimum of 50mm of tube through the fitting and an end cap in place.
I have no problem with this but would like to know if anyone can tell me if this is best practice or legislated?

Thanks

PS............Probably a good one for Simian to advise on.

capes tend to have there own code of practice

ALL THE BIG MOBS HAVE THEIR OWN PROCEDURES,NASC TG20 IS A GUIDELINE WHICH MOST COMPANYS RIGHTLY OR WRONGLY FOLLOW.
SIMIAN IS THE MAN FOR THIS AS IM HALF PISSED NOT THAt id get it right anyway:amazed:

Not 100% sure on this but from memory I think this was in the old type part 1 module.
I do stand to be corrected though.

For fecks sake, if the tube passes the shoulder of the fitting

IT IS LEGAL

42 posts, 43 with this one to state the obvious

IT IS LEGAL

This is what we are dealing with, half the time they dont want anything protruding, then they want some tube sticking thru, then you do that they want caps on the end of the tube, how many have put handrail on singles so no one catches themselves on the thread, on doubles they want nipples put on them, bracing, armadillos on them, the list goes on, nxt we will have to wrap everything in bubblewrap for them, ive put staircase treads up with all of these, 4' treads, if the c**ts cant walk up 4 foot wide theres something wrong, but its suits and hi viz jacket brigade again.

IT IS LEGAL

im with you on this rigger just goes to show the confusion that now exists in the trade today.

Top Bottom