trebble handrail

Roger Nutkins

Reaction score
just been told that new law came in saying that trebble hand rail is now law and doubble handrail will be ilegal from next month!!!!!

just been told that new law came in saying that trebble hand rail is now law and doubble handrail will be ilegal from next month!!!!!

You may be half right Roger. David Cameron was talking about it on Westminster Live.All scaffolds will have to be sheeted from next month. The 3rd handrail is for the top of the sheeting. Apparently they are banning ladders and all scaffolds will have to have a staircase. Still anything that makes people safer can only be a good thing.

what the feck... david cameron talkin about scaffolding.....

I think Roger is actually correct.

This is all part of a new set of scaffolding laws to coincide with TG20:13.

I think Roger is actually correct.

This is all part of a new set of scaffolding laws to coincide with TG20:13.

Anything that requires more work for scaffolders can only be a good thing. I hope when the new law gets the royal seal of approval that the authorities come down on anyone not complying like a ton of bricks.

Anything that requires more work for scaffolders can only be a good thing. I hope when the new law gets the royal seal of approval that the authorities come down on anyone not complying like a ton of bricks.

Yes I agree.

I was talking to an HSE officer yesterday and he said that anyone who didn't comply with the new regulations would be 'crushed with an iron fist' (his words, not mine)

They are apparently going to pay special attention to the new treble lanyard rule.

I, for one, welcome these new changes.

Yes I agree.

I was talking to an HSE officer yesterday and he said that anyone who didn't comply with the new regulations would be 'crushed with an iron fist' (his words, not mine)

They are apparently going to pay special attention to the new treble lanyard rule.

I, for one, welcome these new changes.

I imagine they will be extremely vigilant especially as HSE has to be self-funding. We can expect heavier fines for offenders in the months to come.

I imagine they will be extremely vigilant especially as HSE has to be self-funding. We can expect heavier fines for offenders in the months to come.

The HSE recently issued an on-the-spot fine of £5,000 to a scaffolder who was standing on the back of a wagon without fall protection.

This is set to increase to £10,000 when these new laws are introduced next month.

Third lanyard is soon it will attach to the front of harness tested by pyroy three years ago

Third lanyard is soon it will attach to the front of harness tested by pyroy three years ago

lord help us.... give it a while and we will be wearing crash helmets and body armour.. hse are bell ends, hate the lot of them for "making us safer" but more uncomfy and pissed off.

I Know when tool lanyards become mandatory for everyone I will quit

tool layards arent too bad when ya get used to them. can come in handy when stretching or in a tight space you can just let go rather than fooking about looking for ya frog.still pointless you got just as much chance of dropping tube/fittings/boards. staircases on every job will never work in main streets .

i heard it from a very good source that although the 3 lanyard is coming CAPE have been testing out whats been labelled the CAPE "CAPE" CONSTRUCTION ACESS PROTECTION EQUIPMENT ITS A BIT LIKE THE BATMAN
CAPE ive seen the videos of it and it looks the business so hang in there lads there is light at the end of the tunnel NO MORE HOOKING ON.as long as you work for a big company as it is a bit pricey;)

I'm sorry lads your all wrong, just heard the EU president say that Cameron has gone beyond his remit here, no one can force these changes through on the european community without his say so.
He also said that Tube & Fitting will be phased out by 2014 and replaced with system only scaffolds

We didn't get any extra money on price work when they brought in the 2nd handrail anyone reckon we'll get paid for this one

Top Bottom