Traninees becoming scaffolders

Cheers al i just another string to this limp bow lol i yan can goes round a 4 sides of house easiy enought but going up over round down across and back again between pipes is another thing ill keep ya posted

Nice one. As for the pipe thing, I felt like that when first starting out on these sites and made a fair few rookie mistakes at first but soon after when I got a bit more confident I found it was fairly easy when you get used to the way they do things. Get yourself along with an old hand and declare your exact experience to him on the QT and he will keep you right, that's how I did it anyway.

good luck to u, just remember the old scaffolders addage of when things go wrong blame the guy who's not there that day lolo

interesting reply mate i'm not to sure where you get your figures from though, a gang of 3 can make 1k a day dont forget off of that is wages ,tax ,insurance ,fuel,public liability,vechile expences and any non productive worktime assoiated with the job such as the initial visit,time for the quote,inspection and handover costs and then obviously taking it down and the costs involved with that as well, yes there's a profit but then take out % for ongoingpurchase of materials and yard rent any other loan that the company has then its not as high as you may think lololo
and dont forget for every day u may think u earn him that much there are going to be several others in the month, where you may not - as well as the usual gang that may drag ther feet today cos they think they worked hard yesterday.

i run my company in the same way as aom in fact we joke about being the same company but on either side of the wall.lolo - i've trained to many scaffs to remember before and since running my own company - yeh it can be a pride thing but now your in a catch 22 with all the new regs, u either train guys exactly as you need them, or try and take on guys and mould them into your companys ways which sometimes end in a clash!- first 2 years can cost well over 5k which doesnt include there wages as at an early stage theres no way thay can earn there own money let alone make you any-
heres a prime example took a guy straight from his army demob,good worker and nice guy paid him £85 a day as a labour for about 18months then payed for has part 1 came bak and i put him on £100- 18months later put him through his part2 and hgv after which i then started paying him £125 6 months later he left me for someone paying him £130 he didnt think there was anything wrong wiv it personally i felt pissed off wouldn't you :amazed:

yeah not good southernpoofter probably why a lot of companys dont put there lads through trainning in case they fly the nest lots of industrial scaffolders have had this problem and dont have tickets but only finding it difficult now as all they want is tickets spoke to a guy the other day who works for gkr and they take so much out there wages and if they stay for a certain time there reimbursed which i think sounds fair!!! the only argument i have with the cisrs tickets is if youve been a street scaffolder all your life and come on to a powerstation or industrial plant the scaffolds are so much more different some may agree some may not but your right to be piss!ed off when youve payed out and they clear off exspecially if your not a large company

Cheers lads i dnt declare to be a superstar just a grafter hopfully this will come threw when needed fingers crossed

dico - i've offered to do this b4 but nobodys interested mate as most guys live above there means and every penny counts, the other way is to make them sighn a stay on contract that aint worth a toss cos they'd still F off if they really wanted to,
my opinion to your industrial bit is in the wait for it..... in the old days lolo nearly all scaffolders started on site & street work and progressed or aspired to get there A ticket and go onto industrial/offshore, after years of various companies and types of work eventually you were considered at a good enough standard to go for your A ticket which then opened the door to these , now with the emphasis on tickets and not experiance we have kind of cheapend our own skill set, now able to go from nothing to advanced in under 2yrs & i just dont think thats right there should be a greater time between tkts to gain the experiance and maybe even a seperate course just for them after all each theatre we work in requires a complete new skill set - something you could try to master but would take your entire career to master all. no wonder we are considered a jack of all trades & master of none by many...just my opinion but maybe the younger guys coming up through the ranks now should try and learn to crawl,then walk ,then run,b4 going straight for a marathon and then moaning that they struggle becuase they're not fit enough (if u get the analogy)

Top Bottom