Trad sells up

Sgb/harsco selling up too end of an era

I don't think you can include SGB alongside TRAD, SGB created the industry and its contribution will remain immeasurable, for as long as they use Tubular scaffolding & Linear formwork systems.

TRAD, BEAVER, GENERATION will all be swallowed up into one, and forgotten very quickly, however ALLTRAD have a huge shock coming to them, if they think they can wrap up the UK market, with there inferior french version of Layher, i think the man who made his money selling cement mixers will wish for times gone by after he has been tangled up and spat out again.

Scaffold Connect is the only one to touch on what this take over is all about.

The UK dictates scaffolding globally based purely on the fact that tube and fitting is the forefather of all contemporary scaffold systems and no country does it better.

Ring system is by far the easiest scaffold system on the market, Layher is the Daddy and Altrad is the heir to the throne.

They are buying companies in the UK that have the ability to sway the market share away from Layher.

Missed out on buying DSL due to NAMA being tight with Dennis O'Brien (siteserv, telco kiddie)

Altrad as a company name is a good fit, wont cost much to paint the new logo on Trads trucks :)

I hear the French need as much scaffolding as they can get hold off as they are building a massive super factory for producing White flags just in case it kicks off in Syria.

I've just found out that altrad are buying harsco and they're going to call it sgb again and use band & Plates and paint the gear pink and have yards everywhere.

Can't wait as it will be just like the old days.

Now there's a step (back) in the right direction Philip. Do you think they will reinstate the two caravans Band and Plate for their best employees ? I can't wait...

I've just found out that altrad are buying harsco and they're going to call it sgb again and use band & Plates and paint the gear pink and have yards everywhere.

Can't wait as it will be just like the old days.

Great news , I'm off to the shed to dig my cuplok hammer out :D

It just gets better ! just found out my "SCCR" Back tattoo is U S and now you tell me my new copy of TG20:13 is a waste of time too. Just as well I still have my Woolworths vouchers to fall back on and my Jimmy Saville memorabilia to sell should times get hard.

Don't fret the blue peter badge will get you on most sites and a 50 m swimming badge gets you on all nasc sites

Anyone at the cutting edge of the scaffolding industry knows that guidance is updated every 5 years.
For the uneducated here's a little game

TG20:08 , TG20:13 ,TG20:18 ok have a guess at the next one. A clue it is not TG20:20
I'll have to phone a friend Hswt

Trad is one of layhers biggest customers - not any more
I would presume connect or tone will be the next ones that altrad will be after

Top Bottom