Too old at 42!!

mick fenlon

Reaction score
Just been turned down for a job wi a local upstarting firm cos "Ya a bit old n the jobs moved on"
Am I bein unreasonable in wantin to wrap a 5' round his neck?
Or is 42 really past it?!!

Just been turned down for a job wi a local upstarting firm cos "Ya a bit old n the jobs moved on"
Am I bein unreasonable in wantin to wrap a 5' round his neck?
Or is 42 really past it?!!

No mate. You're not too old. It sounds like he wants the young lads as possibly easier to control and fill their heads with sh1t.

We're only talking back n front of houses,how much has that changed in last 20 yrs n it's double arm Christ Me old man taught me how to use that when I wa still at school!!

Sounds to me as if they want young lads with less experience so he can shaft them out of cash . You will probably know more than the c*nts running the firm and they won't like that mate .

Ya got that right mate.
Wot's facebook? Lol

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

We all know more than the boss men jamdon!!

Sounds to me as if they want young lads with less experience so he can shaft them out of cash . You will probably know more than the c*nts running the firm and they won't like that mate .

bloody cheeky barsket!!!!think jamdon right on this one mate!!! 42 years of age too olde well thats 60% of the scaffold work forse out of favour then:laugh:

flick me. Lay down at 42 your still a young an. Stand on me ive got underpants older than you. (and im still wearing em).

I'm afraid it's becoming the norm in his day and age. Ship the old boys out and bring in the younger ones who we can pay less and won't get as much answering back, or who we can blame when things go tits up! It's a poor situation, some of the tube and fitting firms are going to system and just training the young lads to knock that up on **** money. The old hands are slowly being forced out.

It will come back to bite some people on the arse as not all the young ones have the knowledge to do some of the complex ones!

Experience usually costs and bosses know that

They are obviously a very stupid firm , with age comes experience and experience cost money , but in return for that higher rate you have someone you can trust to make good decisions if need be and keep all the testosterone fuelled young guns on the right tracks , and keeps your more prestige jobs up to a good standard , also older lads are less likely to go on the p iss and not turn up the next day .Its like everything in life you get what you pay for .

We got a lad with us who is 67 nearly 68 and although not as strong as he once was does a full days graft every day and runs the bigger jobs like a sergeant major , drives all them young guns mental :laugh::laugh:

They are obviously a very stupid firm , with age comes experience and experience cost money , but in return for that higher rate you have someone you can trust to make good decisions if need be and keep all the testosterone fuelled young guns on the right tracks , and keeps your more prestige jobs up to a good standard , also older lads are less likely to go on the p iss and not turn up the next day .Its like everything in life you get what you pay for .

really i must be 42 in my heed or just a borning 20 yr odd lad lol

Got to be honest Mick, 42 might mean you have lost a yard but I bet you could do twice the graft with half the effort just using the nodle. His loss, it would make me very suspicious.

Top Bottom