tomorrow 2.30pm D-DAY

I know its easier said than done John, But When w??k moments like this put you down, you Gotta get straight back up, dust yourself down and get straight back at it,

Let,s Look at it Again try a different angled approach.

You Wanting 50K

Bank wants you to Have 20K -- ( can you raise it by Loan, selling something or borrowed by remortgage or possible partner / investor in business )
The Bank is really saying we want you to share the Risk by putting something of your own into the project, this doesnt have to be cash but it does have to substantial enough to help reduce the initial borrowing , like already having a yard and a truck , if you could find someone with bit land or maybe a farmer who will let you store kit there very cheaply for few month to a year, get a long term hire wagon or try find a cheap second hand wagon to get you by for few months , you could then go back to bank tell them you now dont need the yard or vehicles as you have aquired them yourself already.

you not going to really need a yard straight away you just need some simple cheap storage, what kit you have should really be going around in circles job to job , why rent an empty yard.

Dont buy a big lump of kit straight away Buy as you need it which will also give you chance to get some money in and try source second hand kit from auctions , trader paper etc etc

Ask for so much of the money you want to borrow by way of an overdraft facility

If you get cheap storage and wagon, reduce the initial amount of kit you buy , Then go back Ask for 25k and a 5K overdraft Facility and get yourself a credit card ( dont abuse the credit card , try pay off in full each month EMERGENCY ONLY )

Bank might look at it differently . :cool:

Yeah, good points there superscaff. Not every one wants to build from the bottom but if there is a lack of cash it's the only way, but it's a long hard slog though.

i appreciate[spelling sorry] all the help on here proper,
but
basically,if you have money you can make money,if you have none,jog the **** on

No No No If you have no money you just gotta do it a Different way.

Think Outside the Box
Look at it from a different Angle

What you Lack in Pound Notes you have to make up for with grey cells :D

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Yeah, good points there superscaff. Not every one wants to build from the bottom but if there is a lack of cash it's the only way, but it's a long hard slog though.

If you really want it, you do what you need to do as Im sure you will be well aware Aom my friend, We call it rolling your sleeve,s up.:nuts:

yeah, not sure I would do it again though. There was a time last year when I wished I could just lock the gate and walk away, it's not as bad now though. We are grafting long hours but still try and get the weekends off, even that's getting harder.

Been there myself , Even now I think if the right opportunity came my way I would be more tempted to take it now than in any other time in my life, I also dont mind what hours I work mon to fri But as much as possible I like wkends off.
I look back over the years and the hours and wkends I worked and no one ever thanks you , Clients dont remember it when you have any problems or need favour or even when it comes to giving you new jobs sometimes.

Trouble is you can spend sh*tloads on gear and one descent job will swallow the lot and more,and you need a constant cycle of erects to feed the beast,factor in wagons,wages,yard,insurance,ect,ect,ect and you realise how exspensive a game it is,and the returns are'nt all that good,not in monetary terms anyway.

Could`nt agree with you more Bigfish

Been there myself , Even now I think if the right opportunity came my way I would be more tempted to take it now than in any other time in my life, I also dont mind what hours I work mon to fri But as much as possible I like wkends off.
I look back over the years and the hours and wkends I worked and no one ever thanks you , Clients dont remember it when you have any problems or need favour or even when it comes to giving you new jobs sometimes.

Never really done anything else so not good at anything else. I don't say that lightly, we are all the same, take the spanner out our hands and we feck everything up every single one of us. There is not a roof, chimney or steeple I couldn't get to the top of but couldn't do a fekin thing once I got there.:embarrest:

I once Erected a fence around my garden, was proud as punch till 3 days later got a letter off council saying i had to remove it as it was an eyesore , I was fcukin wounded :laugh:

haha, especially when the cooncil thought it was crap, have you seen the state of their fencing.:eek:

once you get to te top of anything always write your name in the lead or scrub it in concrete,
im looking forward to my son{fingers crossed}getting to the top of many a church top/steeple/old manor house in cornwall and seeing JOHN HOOPER WAS HERE

Shhh, don't tell my customers as they get a bit irked when I scrawl over their new lead but I always write my name.

It will probably have been nicked and weighed in by then john :laugh:

very true:D
ill never forget getting to the top of st.stephens church in cornwall,i was only 20 then,and reading one comment in the lead that said,SCAFFOLDING IS ****,:cry:

Theres allways more than 1 way to do something over 20 years ago me father had less than £1,000 with in 6 mounths had £200,000 the way he dont this...... Balls aof stell i might add.
Had the £1,000 when to one lender they matched it he now has 2,000 he when to another lender they matched that he now had 4,000 he whent to another lender they lent him 10,000 he now has 14,000 whent to another lender got 30,000 he now has 44,000 when to another lender................ (these arnt the true fingure of what he lent just hopw he done it if you get me ) and so until he had the amount he needded to buil the chicken famr he had that for bwt 5 6 years and sold ti and made 50,000 but if you think over 20 years a go with 200,000 that was a load of cash. Were theres a will there as way wouldent be able to do this now with all the credit check and internet and knitted systems they all have etc.

Could you not get a loan of a fmailly member £30,000 just to have in the bank so you can ask the bank for £30,000 thne give the loan back? Get another family member to come inwith you for the peridod of the loan with the bank and after it has bene accepted get them to sign all debt and asses over to you ?

The princese trust give you a good start but dont think its any were near what you would need. Maby only about £3,000 but its a start hope it all come good fingers crossed

Well said..........................................................................jam eater.:D

err scaff1989 you say about that princess trust my olde mate years ago had quite a good window cleanning round i know its off the record but i can remember it well must be 16 18 years ago my mate got a princess trust loan from charlie and went and brought a X R 3 I!!! instead of putting it in hes bussiness lol!!! but like your dads style

Why thank you jam eater that 1's gonna stick on here but am no jam eaters workington are jame eaters we could afford more than jam in our sarnies down the old shaft lol

Top Bottom