tomorrow 2.30pm D-DAY

Going it alone in this current economic climate is one brave decision,best of luck john you deserve it mate.

Going it alone in this current economic climate is one brave decision,best of luck john you deserve it mate.

Having said that sometimeS like I was ur forced to take the leap and go it alone because there's not much work out there so might as well try n create ur own. If u want a job done or in this case just a job, do it urself. Goodluck

Not good,I'm drowning my sorrows at the minute,ill tell u what happened later,its going to be harder than I first thought

Sorry to hear your bad news, keep your chin up bigjohn, dont know which bank you tried but Barclays keep plugging their small business division at the moment, might be worth giving them a try

Might not be what you want to hear John but you may be better off without the bank anyway if you can scrape a bit of kit together and a small 3.5 tonne truck for now, then you could still start off, a lot harder but could be better in the long run, remember its just the first hurdle of many. chin up.

Well said that man, might not be everyone's cup of tea but take my word for it, it doesn't take long for the banks to come sniffing round you when you have started to make a few bob, should be a good feeling telling them to feck off and invest with someone else.:idea:

Don't let it get you down and just do it the hard way, nothing in this life is easy got.

What kind of figure were you asking for john, just a round about figure im not being nosy just want to get a kinda visual in my head and other forum users heads because depending on the amount you think you need, there might be other ways or idea,s of getting around the bank loan issue.

Sticking to the bank route have you thought of applying for a couple of credit cards.

what exactly do you need cash up front for :

Truck -- Hire one , its also tax deductable.

Kit -- Hire tube buy fittings and boards

There Are ways if you want it enough and work hard enough at it.

Get clients to pay up front or at least quickly or deposits

Don't want to speak for the man Superscaff but 40k was mentioned on another thread.

to supply cost for the average house there is approx £4500 of gear involved. invest 25 in gear the other bit in transport and a yard and chin up. dont throw all your eggs in 1 basket. Even AOM does jetski tours in the summer for his pocket money.. chin up look forward and onwards.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

well infact he pulls a barge using the jetski cos it saves him a fortune in ferry fees.

Thats quite a big ask even for established companies in the current economic climate.

John Have you met any business grant people like business link or whoever there is down that neck of the woods, government grants , business start up from your local council.

If you look hard enough there is all kinds of government incentives at present you might qualify for one or more of them.

Trouble is you can spend sh*tloads on gear and one descent job will swallow the lot and more,and you need a constant cycle of erects to feed the beast,factor in wagons,wages,yard,insurance,ect,ect,ect and you realise how exspensive a game it is,and the returns are'nt all that good,not in monetary terms anyway.

i asked for £50000
25000 for gear
6000 for truck and van
9000 for insurance ie: public liability,lorry,van,months rent in advance for yard,operators licence,sign writing and employee,
10000 for lasting the first 2-3 months without getting paid,
i own a house which is worth 230000,with a morgage of 162000,
they told me that i need money behind me,
they said if i had 20000 they would lend me the same,
where the **** as a normal working man got that much money?
im a bit pissed at the minute lads,im ******* gutted,
dont know what else to say

Don't know what else to tell you John but it's usually not as bad in the morning. Doesn't mean the end of the road not by a long chalk.

i know,but the figures i done for them all worked out and the **** didnt even look at them,
he said,you have 3 boxes to tick,
you ticked the first one,18 years doing the job in the same area,
box two,you have no money,
box three,the construction trade

i paid for a BOISET course+ norwegian sector 3 years ago in norwich because i fancied a change,
cost me £1300,it runs out this year,
i might chase that dream instead

Mmm, don't decide to quickly. You may well be right it all depends on how much you enjoy your home life but you may well be better off in any sector of the oil and gas industry.

Please don't take this the wrong way, anything I have posted was to try and help and this is no different, but if one serious knock back can floor you maybe being on your own isn't for you.

As I said, just a t'interweb opinion, leave it for a bit before deciding.

i appreciate[spelling sorry] all the help on here proper,
but
basically,if you have money you can make money,if you have none,jog the **** on

Top Bottom