To all you lucky f.uckers that own a firm

You can get one man tradesman insurance for peanuts,wont stand up in an accident though:(

Like other trades such as gas and elelctricians we should have 2show proof of our public liability before putting a job up...mayb then prices would even out and get rid of the cowboy outfits!!

Like other trades such as gas and elelctricians we should have 2show proof of our public liability before putting a job up...mayb then prices would even out and get rid of the cowboy outfits!!

they dont so much need to show there insurance more there gas safe and 17th addition, equivelent of us flashing the cisrs card

Perhaps its about time public liability should b addded as an endorsement on the cisrs card!

Seen a belter today, don't know what they are doing but an ally tower up about 20 foot with no hand rails and then a ladder the other 20 foot onto the roof, looked more like these supposedly funny pictures you see from abroad, no wonder we can't compete. If it's still there in the morning I may get a picture on.

I was thinking about him as I passed it, don't want to annoy him.:)

We got fools up here scaffolding fronts of houses for £60. The other day we lost a 5 lift tower with a 16 foot throw in and a full wrap round a chimney to a crowd who did it for £300 including vat. I'me kinda losing interest in this game. Just about everyone I know is earning more for doing a lot less...

we have been the same but the HSE have been swooping in our area prohibitionist 2 firms we've work for for lack of scaff and unsafe scaff if you are under cut by that kinda margin the contractor is a danger

It's a blue doo when we have to rely on the HSE to keep us in work but good point.

As an update I would just like to say that this week has been no f.ucking better...

Im Very Much In The Same Boat As You Are Moanalot, Pissed Off Bouncing Along The Bottom, Now And Then You Get Your Head Above The Waves, But Your Sucked Under Again And Have To Struggle Again. We Have Firms Here Doing Work To Cover There Boys Wages, It Cant Last, This Is The Worst Iv Ever Seen The Construction Industry In 34 Years And No One Is Helping Us (Not Even Ourselves)

Im Very Much In The Same Boat As You Are Moanalot, Pissed Off Bouncing Along The Bottom, Now And Then You Get Your Head Above The Waves, But Your Sucked Under Again And Have To Struggle Again. We Have Firms Here Doing Work To Cover There Boys Wages, It Cant Last, This Is The Worst Iv Ever Seen The Construction Industry In 34 Years And No One Is Helping Us (Not Even Ourselves)
I would like to think that something has to give eventually but to be honest I can't ever see it being any more than 2or3 lads in a wagon scratching a living in a cat and mouse catch me if you can heavily regulated industry. It's ok the suits keep telling you what you have to do to comply but who is going to pay for it? Certainly not our customers so you just keep crawling along the bottom hoping that you get away with it... Just remember the cheapest quote gets the job...

So True Matey, Iv Just About Had Enough Of It, My Card Is Due For Renewal (Another Money Making Scam) Next Year And I Dont Know If I Can Be Arsed Renewing It. Im Hacked Off With The Regulation, The Health And Safety Nazis And The Companies (Who Really Should Know Better) Slashing Prices And Doing Jobs For Next To Nothing.Its Not Looking Any Better For Next Year Either.

Why are you called moanalot???
I have no idea...maybe something to do with the way my life long commitment to this game has made me...

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

So True Matey, Iv Just About Had Enough Of It, My Card Is Due For Renewal (Another Money Making Scam) Next Year And I Dont Know If I Can Be Arsed Renewing It. Im Hacked Off With The Regulation, The Health And Safety Nazis And The Companies (Who Really Should Know Better) Slashing Prices And Doing Jobs For Next To Nothing.Its Not Looking Any Better For Next Year Either.
I keep saying to my partner that we need to latch something else onto the scaffolding but what? I just don't think that with the overhead that scaffolding alone can pay its way. Just about everyone I know with a scaffold firm is either upto their necks in overdrafts or scrounging money to pay rent and wages...

It's a hard life lads, I sometimes think we'd be better off with a chip shop....
Money over the counter, thank you very much, see you again soon....
We must be one of the only sectors to give our clients 30-60 sometimes even 90 days free of interest credit... WHY ???

It's a hard life lads, I sometimes think we'd be better off with a chip shop....
Money over the counter, thank you very much, see you again soon....
We must be one of the only sectors to give our clients 30-60 sometimes even 90 days free of interest credit... WHY ???
I met a bloke in a boozer down the edgeware road one night and he had a big painting company working all over London. He said he earned a lot of money but he was always skint cos he couldn't get his money in quick enough. So he said do you know what I've done I've gone and bought a small sausage making company with a shop front so ever day people come in and give me money and I give em some sausage simple no more cash flow problems. And now when me money for the painting comes in its happy days...sounds easy don't it...

Gerscaff,i am thinking the same way when my card runs out thats me finished.

Top Bottom