To all you lucky f.uckers that own a firm

I was in a stinking foundry the other day that made stuff for land rover and others and I asked the guy how they make it work and he said each machine in there could work without breakdown for 120 a week so we sell hours to companies and when they're sold that's it. So if a firm cancels an order or whatever the sales crew go out and sell those hours to some one else...as it was they are flat out cash rich with no worries at all...could you imagine?...

we must be having a good spell no board in year maby few 100 norammy about 30,000 by this time racks are empty, but doing it arse about tit thev know for couple of year that the roof need doing so lets do them when the clock go back and it pissing down non stop and so far done around 200-300 theres 1500 to b done b4 march i think, willmot and dixon doing them all subbying eveyrthing out to roofer think htere about 10 diffrent firms ding the roofs but only use doing the scaffolding axcept with some jobs they have subbie to armstrongs who we had done work for for 15 years, you wouldnt mind bu the scaffolding has ither already been up for the roofs b4 now or has already bene up for dashign b4 no all in last year ro so no wonder the conutry's in a feking mess paying for the scaffolding twice in 1 year

Both these stories would tell me there is still a market where you are, they obviously never found a solution to their access problem. You can't blame a client for looking elsewhere but it may mean you have to sit tight while he makes a total erse of himself.
For every job round here at the minute there are at least 6 firms going for it and most of the people that own em ain't that bright and will work all night for another quid...

Anyway all things aside I watched top banana tonight on YouTube and it took me back to happier times when I didn't have a care in the world and it made me smile...ah the good old days Rock on Bruce...

It has got quiet for me in the last week and like AOM a bit hand to mouth. Luckily the phone has rang and kept us going, but I ain't got worked booked in like a couple of months ago.

Are you a Birmingham firm Moanalot? Your statement of there being 6 firms per job is spot on. There seems to be guys setting up with better gear and wagons than we've got and we been trading for over 20 years. I just don't know where these people get the money, as I ain't got it and the bank don't lend it!!

It has got quiet for me in the last week and like AOM a bit hand to mouth. Luckily the phone has rang and kept us going, but I ain't got worked booked in like a couple of months ago.

Are you a Birmingham firm Moanalot? Your statement of there being 6 firms per job is spot on. There seems to be guys setting up with better gear and wagons than we've got and we been trading for over 20 years. I just don't know where these people get the money, as I ain't got it and the bank don't lend it!!
We're in Coventry and you can only imagine where the money is coming from cant ya...we were approached about helping to wash some money but chose to carry on bouncing along the bottom instead...like you say what this stuff costs now it don't take much working out does it...

Nice are u doing cavity wall work for eon ?
Noooooo seeing as that's the only so called work around you can only imagine the prices...we were asked to price some and couldn't or wouldn't get even close...thanks but no thanks...

Just done 26 houses up there for yellow and red , wernt a bit of me and the money is pony - but appears to be no shortage of takers !!

I've got nothing this week:( got a lot up though,priced quite a lot,it always slows down near Xmas,apparently

Just done 26 houses up there for yellow and red , wernt a bit of me and the money is pony - but appears to be no shortage of takers !!
That bloke is an absolute nightmare.he is doing more harm to this game than health n safety. And he has just been booted off a load of them in cov so seeing as how he is doing em for f.uck all it just shows you how bad they are...not a liked man...

My opinion 1 reason XMAS House Works slow down cause of this

Attachments

• securedownload[2].jpg
    securedownload[2].jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
works quite on the grid as well moanolot most of the work forse is on threat off notice was speaking to my supervisor and where the diarys normally ticking over it has nothing untill late next year just the odd little bit even to transfer men is out of the question as works quite on other jobs most exspect jan feb but december normally has a tick over

works quite on the grid as well moanolot most of the work forse is on threat off notice was speaking to my supervisor and where the diarys normally ticking over it has nothing untill late next year just the odd little bit even to transfer men is out of the question as works quite on other jobs most exspect jan feb but december normally has a tick over
This is as grim as I've seen it in all my years in the game...

Front 1 lift £150 , rear 1 lift £150 , done one house 20x 1 and hop up , side 40 x 1 bridged over drive with 26ft hop up , rear 20 x 2 , other side 40 x 1 on flat roof , apparently that was worth £450 - dont think so --- bye

I know a peterborough firm has just took a load on , my guys were speeking to them after there first couple of days and they wernt earning

Never mind that Jag he has is nice tho - goes like stink !!!

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

oh and we have no work either , but id rather do sweet FA then loose money on that sort of work then wait 3 months to get paid

Front 1 lift £150 , rear 1 lift £150 , done one house 20x 1 and hop up , side 40 x 1 bridged over drive with 26ft hop up , rear 20 x 2 , other side 40 x 1 on flat roof , apparently that was worth £450 - dont think so --- bye

I know a peterborough firm has just took a load on , my guys were speeking to them after there first couple of days and they wernt earning

Never mind that Jag he has is nice tho - goes like stink !!!

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

oh and we have no work either , but id rather do sweet FA then loose money on that sort of work then wait 3 months to get paid
All this ******** of subbing work out all over the country sounds good but his ex contracts manager told me the fool was owed £375000 and owed out £375000+. Man with a big ego and no doubt someone is gonna get screwed over by him when it all goes tits up. We did one poxy job for him ages ago and it took f.uckin ages to get a £1000 out of him...

Would that be dave ? Yes i was £45 grand of that 375 owed however respect to the man he has stuck it out and paid everyone ( well certainly us) plenty would have just folded up !

its the same down here in romford seems like earley bath for christmass, may be get the odd job before christmass of my regulars,dont worry to much the cheap firms cant last they must have yard rent lorry ins.and mortgage ,that should be enough to wipe them out ,with out scaff ins if they have any.

Top Bottom