To all you lucky f.uckers that own a firm

moanalot

Reaction score
Any body outside London actually got any work worth doing? And is anyone making a( haha sorry )profit?...

No mate,wound right down here,but i've got a faire bit to price for the new year and there's a couple of sizeable jobs nearly in the pot which would drag us upto christmas:(

Not easy at the minute brother. Are you getting your money in ok?

Not easy at the minute brother. Are you getting your money in ok?

Thats the hardest bit,blood and stone spring to mind,but money's the lifeblood of any firm and without it it's curtains so it's a constant feckin battle to keep the wolf from the door:(

slow for me too i havent made a profit at all this year just stayed out the red luckily.

Same here moanalot, I take it you are the same?

Thats the hardest bit,blood and stone spring to mind,but money's the lifeblood of any firm and without it it's curtains so it's a constant feckin battle to keep the wolf from the door:(
We got fools up here scaffolding fronts of houses for £60. The other day we lost a 5 lift tower with a 16 foot throw in and a full wrap round a chimney to a crowd who did it for £300 including vat. I'me kinda losing interest in this game. Just about everyone I know is earning more for doing a lot less...

Its Dieing A Death Here Chaps, Really Slow Seaonal Downturn Aside, Its Grim In Dundee.

Keep the faith at they prices they won't be around long.

Same here moanalot, I take it you are the same?
Bloody hopeless at the minute aom. To be honest i'me at bit of a loss as what to do...i'me definitely not going back on site I know that much though...

Tough, didn't realise things were quite that bad. We are only just beginning to get quiet a bit hand to mouth if you know what I mean but we still have had a pretty good year. Is your yard full of kit?

We got fools up here scaffolding fronts of houses for £60. The other day we lost a 5 lift tower with a 16 foot throw in and a full wrap round a chimney to a crowd who did it for £300 including vat. I'me kinda losing interest in this game. Just about everyone I know is earning more for doing a lot less...

Where you based moanalot?that is truly shocking,you cant compete with that,the only saving grace is that they wont last long unless they got pots of money or they wrap the firm every year and start again:wondering:

Tough, didn't realise things were quite that bad. We are only just beginning to get quiet a bit hand to mouth if you know what I mean but we still have had a pretty good year. Is your yard full of kit?
Just about everything we have up at the moment is on the way down so yes the yard is bulging.the trouble is so is all the other yards so they are doing jobs for f.uck all just to get the gear out. Funny thing is they're all working for f.uck all and moaning about not getting any wages. I swear you couldn't write it...

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Where you based moanalot?that is truly shocking,you cant compete with that,the only saving grace is that they wont last long unless they got pots of money or they wrap the firm every year and start again:wondering:
We're in the midlands bigfish where men like to work their guts out for free...apparently...

Depends on your exact circumstances but certainly sorry to hear that.

Just about everything we have up at the moment is on the way down so yes the yard is bulging.the trouble is so is all the other yards so they are doing jobs for f.uck all just to get the gear out. Funny thing is they're all working for f.uck all and moaning about not getting any wages. I swear you couldn't write it...

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

We're in the midlands bigfish where men like to work their guts out for free...apparently...

It's pretty much our existing customer base that keeps us going at the minute,without the regulars it would be really grim:(

Depends on your exact circumstances but certainly sorry to hear that.
We'll get through it we always do but i'me getting a bit fed up with all the graft and aggro and bouncing along the bottom.

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

It's pretty much our existing customer base that keeps us going at the minute,without the regulars it would be really grim:(
That's exactly where we are.

I don't want to make any daft suggestions but for a while now I have been thinking the domestic market is all but gone and have tried to concentrate on more the engineering side of things which does seem to be thriving. I'm not saying we don't do domestic just trying to squeeze more out the guy's who can't afford not to use a proper scaff firm.

im not a company man or self employed buit i do see things getting hard again,i personally dont think we have came out of recession.
The policys of the government for me are not helping the building ,construction or heavy engineering sectors which i personally feed off.
would labour do better i doubt it this is the main problem for me theres no real alternative looking after the interests of GB

I don't want to make any daft suggestions but for a while now I have been thinking the domestic market is all but gone and have tried to concentrate on more the engineering side of things which does seem to be thriving. I'm not saying we don't do domestic just trying to squeeze more out the guy's who can't afford not to use a proper scaff firm.
A mate of mine had walkers crisps in Leicester 8 men 6 days a week he said to me this is too good to last and it was. A new surveyor or whatever he called himself came in and decided we need a change so get your kit and f.uck off. Kev packed up and sold his kit and 6 weeks later walkers asked him to come back cos the new crew were crap but too late. Same as cemex had a regular crew in kicked em out and capes moved in and had 2 lads killed and the t.wat who hired em got sent to prison. Not easy either way...

Both these stories would tell me there is still a market where you are, they obviously never found a solution to their access problem. You can't blame a client for looking elsewhere but it may mean you have to sit tight while he makes a total erse of himself.

Top Bottom