to all the ecitb knockers

I can only comment on our centre, we have had many fail and some companies have actually been happy that their candidate did not make the grade. We always have a conversation with them prior to them being told as an act of courtesy.

As for auditing we are audited by cisrs, city and guilds, construction awards alliance, construction skills, ccnsg, prometric.

I can only comment on our centre, we have had many fail and some companies have actually been happy that their candidate did not make the grade. We always have a conversation with them prior to them being told as an act of courtesy.

As for auditing we are audited by cisrs, city and guilds, construction awards alliance, construction skills, ccnsg, prometric.

what the ccnsg ecitb client contractor national safety group safety passport with ecitb stamped all over it:laugh:

what the ccnsg ecitb client contractor national safety group safety passport with ecitb stamped all over it:laugh:

Yes

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Oh and Pasma forgot about them

When you say audited, is that the same as an OFSTED type inspection? So that your instructors are observed, the curriculum being delivered covers the requirements, do you have to do ILP's (individual learning plans), schemes of work, lesson plans etc etc, taking into account each learners needs?

When you say audited, is that the same as an OFSTED type inspection? So that your instructors are observed, the curriculum being delivered covers the requirements, do you have to do ILP's (individual learning plans), schemes of work, lesson plans etc etc, taking into account each learners needs?

Yes all of the above, lip's, Lessing plans, self assessment records, quality improvement plans and inspections by cskills under the ofsted standard, sometimes with an inspector in attendance. I hope that clears up your question.

Thanks, Simian, yes that's exactly what I meant :).

So, if your centre is subject to all this, how come the other centres, which presumably have to comply with the same best practice, seem to be delivering sub standard courses (from what the guys here are saying)?

Who says other centres are delivering sub standard courses.. ??

I'd say the OP was implying it. This isn't the only thread I've read where guys have complained about the courses they've been on.

I'd say the OP was implying it. This isn't the only thread I've read where guys have complained about the courses they've been on.

This is an easy one for me from working both sides of the coin, most scaffolders including me when i did my courses went back to work and said that course taught me nothing but i wrote on my feedback form it was great. 80% of this forum is wrote on by scaffolders and it becomes a one sided argument.

If training centres are cutting corners or giving a poor service then put it on here or write to the scheme manager at CISRS, thats the only way to change things. The cost of a course is peanuts when you think of what another 2 week course costs as in:

Part one just over a grand for 10 days inclusive of vat

Nebosh General just short of 3k for 10 days.

a lot more work and size of building is needed to teach scaffolders than teach NEBOSH that is all done in a classroom.

You'll never be able to please all people but being a scaff i love a good moan. If the training was that bad perhaps the death rates and collapse rates in scaffolding would be sky high.

Can anyone tell me how many scaffolders have been killed in the UK in the last 3 years? In comparison to over 40000 out there working every day.

Don't worry mate if you and this kid turned out for some one he would get found out in five minutes and you would get the start cos u can spot them a mile away.

im not a big believer in that the courses are crap i think nine times out of ten its the person who puts you on the course thats the culprit.

courses go hand in hand with experience so you shouldnt really be on a course unless you are a) experienced to go on it or b) you are gonna get the experience once you been on it .

ive been training lads for years and they mostly turn out good scaffs because they were trained before or after their courses

Simian,if Dico,Animal or myself came on one of your courses,what could you teach us? Would you recognise,those guys been doing this for years,and shouldnt be in with part 1 students???Weve been in the game long enough to recognise trainees,blaggers etc.Courses for begginers,no probs!!

Top Bottom