to all the ecitb knockers

frenchy

Reaction score
Just finished my part 2 final assessment so hold part 2 cisrs and grade 6 ecitb card. The 8 years going from labour first second third year, improver basic advanced working charghand done far more for me than two weeks in a classroom. The part one I done nothing, the part 2 was better and the instructor very good but a 20 year old lad took a day and a half to build the two jobs, independent and 8 foot square, that should have been done in a morning, fair enough he did it. Three months later was back there for a professional discusion, he failed did not have the knowledge. Three months pass I go to the final assessment to my surprise he was there again to which he never fixed a thing just carried gear for the two lads he was with. He has now has walked away with the same card as me knowing nothing. I feel like I have been f***ed up the ar*e and paid a lot of money for the privelage

Good post frenchy. That bloke will soon get found out when he works witha real gang.
Thats part of what the sccr is trying to change.
Have you joined mate?

i dont think people knock ecitb for that reason,
its the fukcing scaffold courses that get knocked the quality of the training and the 100% pass rate.

Frenchy......... Thanks for that informative post

I urge more of the lads undergoing training to post their views (good or bad) as to the standard of training they recieve, so we can make an informed judgement of how effective the training is

Good post frenchy. That bloke will soon get found out when he works witha real gang.
Thats part of what the sccr is trying to change.
Have you joined mate?
yes mate i am a member of the sccr think they are doing a great job

Wow you sure Frenchy
Thinking back to my part 1 I think we got 1hr and a quarter to erect single lift independent with kicker, handrailed and toeboarded and I think 1hr and half for birdcage as independent and I think tower was same as independent. & we had to do them with burtons, mills, and band and plate. if you went over the time you lost percentage marks for every 5 min or part thereof !!!
Certainly wasn't any automatic 100% pass rate and you certainly could fail. A few lads just scraped it and a few got booted out of college. Obviously that was back in my day, I have no idea what the trainings like now but to be honest it doesn't sound too clever !

Last edited:
like said above when i done my part2 assessed route there were time limits, no point being a scaff if you take all day doing 13ft 2lifts

the reason the ECITB fell on its arse is because it gave no formal training,if it moved with the times and gave formal training then there would be no need for the many posts the subject has had.
on the subject of the part 1 etc,you go to the course to be trained not to be tested,you get tested when you go to do your nvq/svq.
I STRONGLY AGREE THAT THE QUALITY OF BOYS WHO GET FLYING COLOURS IS VERY SUSPECT,BUT SCAFFOLDING IS A CONTINIOUS LEARNING CURVE.
I HAVE HAD AN ADVANCE DCARD FOR A FEW YEARS NOW AND I STILL LEARN NEW TRICKS

Just finished my part 2 final assessment so hold part 2 cisrs and grade 6 ecitb card. The 8 years going from labour first second third year, improver basic advanced working charghand done far more for me than two weeks in a classroom. The part one I done nothing, the part 2 was better and the instructor very good but a 20 year old lad took a day and a half to build the two jobs, independent and 8 foot square, that should have been done in a morning, fair enough he did it. Three months later was back there for a professional discusion, he failed did not have the knowledge. Three months pass I go to the final assessment to my surprise he was there again to which he never fixed a thing just carried gear for the two lads he was with. He has now has walked away with the same card as me knowing nothing. I feel like I have been f***ed up the ar*e and paid a lot of money for the privelage

The lad obviously was'nt as good as you eh mate :rolleyes:

lets face it, the new rules and regs regarding designs means being a scaffolder is different now.
No thinking, No problem solving just look at the design and turn yer spanner

the reason the ECITB fell on its arse is because it gave no formal training,if it moved with the times and gave formal training then there would be no need for the many posts the subject has had.
on the subject of the part 1 etc,you go to the course to be trained not to be tested,you get tested when you go to do your nvq/svq.
I STRONGLY AGREE THAT THE QUALITY OF BOYS WHO GET FLYING COLOURS IS VERY SUSPECT,BUT SCAFFOLDING IS A CONTINIOUS LEARNING CURVE.
I HAVE HAD AN ADVANCE DCARD FOR A FEW YEARS NOW AND I STILL LEARN NEW TRICKS

I did the assessed route of entry.

NO FORMAL TRAINING. WHATS THE DIFFERENCE?

Ragscaff

No documented evidence to prove attendance of an approved training scheme or centre.
Its all about insurance doesnt make it right but everycunt loves a wee bit of paper to aportion blame.
I know plenty of guys with cisrs cards that are ****,but ive also workewd with plenty ecitb guys that were **** as well
as i nsaid before scaffolding is a continious learning curve.

courses

stop whinging the ecitb card means nowt i held one for twenty years came away from the power stations couldnt get on a ******* building site so i did my assessed route advanced now i can get work any where wot do you want? it to be put on a plate for you, 8 yrs your still a baby.

stop whinging the ecitb card means nowt i held one for twenty years came away from the power stations couldnt get on a ******* building site so i did my assessed route advanced now i can get work any where wot do you want? it to be put on a plate for you, 8 yrs your still a baby.
22 years in game no baby 8 years to get ticket not 2 weekends something wrong

Yea the assessed route should have been kept open for ECITB ticket holders only!!

Thats what Unite thought anyway, but too many brown envelopes later no one wants to come forward. What a Union!!

Ragscaff

get your head out your ars! you selfish dic!head you ever come on any of my jobs i will make sure you dont get a start you selfish barstar! its people like you that give the game a bad name iam all right jack fook you this ante over yet believe me thanks to ragscaff and the sccr for all its help exspecially rasgscaff we all know the next stop bring it on as for unite start doing what your payed to do help the lads rant over for now well done ragscaff!!!!!!

this happens every few years first we had the union card (C.E.U. card) you got a Bcard as an improver once you served your time and proof from your employer that you had and were propose and seconded you were given an a card the government didn't like theunions controling this hence the CITB card that no one wanted at the time everyone was quite happy with the union card but we all n the end had to accept the citb card which was just handed out that was about 1978-79 then came the EITB card after that the ECITB card
to me it seems just an other hidden tax because without them you cant work this situation needs to be sorted out properly I wonder what the nect card will be called after ciris

The NASC A-Z Courses card, incorporating Loyalty points for not shouting your mouth off about Monopolies, renewable yearly for £50.00 as long as you have attended one of the 26 courses in the A-Z cadre at a price of £1,500 per week.:eek:

Top Bottom