ties

it was tied pritty much every set of legs every lift on the drawing then it go chaged to were the steel actually was but needed doubble tied. show the clint the tie form the slab with band and plate he was happy so he send of for the calcs on them. then there ne band and plate in yard so designers coming for a look lol jobs half up with temp ties but thats onl because we got there b4 any other trade not the sfs lads are in and we can now no longer get to there steel because of there partisions.......... lip ties forun the sfs lol

If you've no b+p, could you not ring bolt it and then sling your tube from that to your ledger.

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Prob need to double ring it and use a butt, but comman sence eh pal.

If you've no b+p, could you not ring bolt it and then sling your tube from that to your ledger.

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Prob need to double ring it and use a butt, but comman sence eh pal.

hilti ring bolts arnt any good for shear althow they will deffo hold 6kn easy and have done be for over conseravorys and what not but its not going to happen on this job are any ring bolts tested for shear

Not 100% sure pal.
Pm me your email add marra, i'll send ya a sketch of our ties weve used, and when im next on site i'll send a couple of pics of the ties in situ.

Send me your email and I'll send you a picture of my baws (for a small fee, of course) ;)

hilti ring bolts arnt any good for shear althow they will deffo hold 6kn easy and have done be for over conseravorys and what not but its not going to happen on this job are any ring bolts tested for shear

Apollo do the self tapping rings that work in shear marra.

We have smashed it up with tied of beam claps
To get it up while they decided which ties etc but this will have to be removed and there looking for a solution for the ties as the double tie Is No go from clients point of view.we don't want to be drilling the steel. 52 ties a lift 8/9 liftsin places a lot of holes to drill in the steel for the threaded bar . Lol we will just keep knocking it up and get another gns to adapt the ties :D

mag broacher drills holes thru steel quick-as marra, 52 ties,not all thru steel is it??

mag broacher drills holes thru steel quick-as marra, 52 ties,not all thru steel is it??

yep on 1 of the drawing it is every lift every set of standard then we were sent 1 with doubbling the ties up every 6m should be sorted tomoz hopefully as nto we can not take this other job up with tem ties and the sfs has gone in were we would f tied

I realy cant see what doubling the ties is doing, cos without the plans between the ties the scaffold is gonna belly and flex in the middle.

doing a job and because of this that and the other we cant tie were the design states brick work and cladding etc . the designers then come back and said if we doubble tie it to the steel we can reduce the tie patten. the thing is between ties now will be more than 6meters. is it possible to doubble tie with this distance between ties. ad the clinet is unsure the job as it will leave a lot of brickwork out building round the doubble ties. the jobs 9 lifts netted with fan 2 m bays by 2 m lifts 15 m by 15 meter at the momment due to be externed 15 meter starting monday. i sugested going inside window openings with a raker from the slab with band and plate to indise ledger . has any 1 got any deatial for this kind of tie. as i think it will work well because as the brikies have finished the window fitter come in and the top window opening can be donw as the lifts tie below fomr the window opening below then can be removed unnet it and we can strip so when they get to the next window when the tie is removed again that lift will have the inside ledger tied . cheers lads
Get it in writing then follow what he says to the letter.

Top Bottom