ties

Got the anwser al.
The reason for the plan bracing is due to the ties being so far apart ie 8mts. On a normal scaffold your tie pattern is every 4mts up and across, and you pull test would be 2kn lets say. So with the ties at 8mts you pull test those to 4kn and then introduce plan bracing to take the movement out of scaffold between the ties and also to spread the tie load through those plans braces and thus down the standards.

I refer you to my earlier post.;)

If you've explained that already pete then i sincearly apolagise, im full of the flu and cant think to save my life, took me 10mins just to write my last post....cough cough slutter fecking sneeze....lol

Your efforts are more than welcome Den, good man.

Ties and braces are for you sunday best....not sure where I heard this but made me chuckle.

So in the new tg easy fix dosent need ledger bracing?, to be honest the drawing isnt that clear we started ti with the intentions of it been done in layher now its tube we got close tot he drawing with putting the plans the fan etc had to be changed form the drawing because of the fence that couldnt be moved etc thingk whats happening now is designers coming to site to find a way of tying it and to do a drawing on what we have done so far we have overkilled it like but better than under kill. And still smashed it in 24m 9 lifts with fan and hopups 3 handed 6 days

In the new tg20:13/14. Easy fix no longer require ledger bracing, apparently cads have done testing on some of them and have assumed that if you use the easy fix and its tied in the 4x4 tie pattern then bracibg can be ommitted.

Quoted from the nasc yearbook 2014.

In the new tg20:13/14. Easy fix no longer require ledger bracing, apparently cads have done testing on some of them and have assumed that if you use the easy fix and its tied in the 4x4 tie pattern then bracibg can be ommitted.

Quoted from the nasc yearbook 2014.

Bet that was pushed through by the bigger, more influential members of the NASC who have large stocks of them!

No doubt fred. We stock a good few thousand but we just follow the guidance set as daft as they seem at times.

My first thought is, if you have the foot space erect 2.4m x 2.4m buttress towers through the fan this will reduce the double ties, if you have not got the foot space, use 10mm "L" brackets onto the steel with threaded bar and ring bolt, this will allow normal tie patten without doubling up.
Good luck.

Doubleing ties deosnt work, its the distance between the ties thats his problem aussiebob. Without going back to the start i think marra said his tie points were 6mts apart, now on a normal scaffold you would get a tie between those two points but as he cant you plan brace between those tie points to streanghen the scaffold and transfer the tie loads.

Tie points are in place ,just the client doesnt want to patch in brickwork.

We have smashed it up with tied of beam claps
To get it up while they decided which ties etc but this will have to be removed and there looking for a solution for the ties as the double tie Is No go from clients point of view.we don't want to be drilling the steel. 52 ties a lift 8/9 liftsin places a lot of holes to drill in the steel for the threaded bar . Lol we will just keep knocking it up and get another gns to adapt the ties :D

Why so many ties marra. The job we did was tied to every steel, every lift, worked out at 64 ties through the whole job ( 32 x 18 x 6lifts ).

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Thats square marra

Could you run beams in on plan between ties, just a suggestion.

Top Bottom