Tidal Work?

As previously stated there are many unknowns.
If pushed to build this I would look to preformed concrete road barriers laid on the sea bed out board of the scaffold (acting a bit like a screen) I would thenuse these as counter weight and tie the scaffold using lorry rachet straps.
But as AsXD has indicated there are risks in this type of work.

You need to look at your insurance as it is not just the sacffold at risk, what happens if something comes adrift and hits a boat etc, all has to be considered.

YOU NEED TO GET IT RIGHT AOM OR YOU COULD WAVE BYE BYE TO THE COMPANY you dont want it to be a complete washout ;)

A couple of comedians as usual and a few good points as well. How come it's always the wee jobs that can turn into a complete nightmare? I was down where the job is to be built this weekend and it didn't look too much of a problem but it was like a mill pond which is very rare especially at this time of year. I hate putting more problems to a client as I do solutions but maybe sit down with him and see if he understands exactly what he is asking for.

HSWT,

Your suggestion of craning it in place might well work, there is a couple of big cranes on the site already and if we could keep it solid it could be possible.

Have you had a word with the clients Civil Engineer? They would be the best informed party on a good way to tackle this as they'll have a better idea of the all the site conditions.

It's their engineer who is asking. I usually find these guys are very clever at their own specialty but give very little consideration to mine. I will call him in a bit to give him a few options, many of which will involve my slopey shoulder.;)

It's their engineer who is asking. I usually find these guys are very clever at their own specialty but give very little consideration to mine. I will call him in a bit to give him a few options, many of which will involve my slopey shoulder.;)

LOL that scuppered that one then!

As others have said, there are so many variables involved it's tough to make a guess at and i haven't touched fluid mechanics since university so all i can say is good luck.

I haven't touched fluid mechanics since Saturday night in the Black Bull.:noworry:

It's only tendering stage at the moment so not tied into anything yet. Jobs like this usually end up being done off a barge or some other way when they see what's involved and the price. One of the National builders are on site, probably the only reason I even got asked the question, I won't loose any sleep or material over it but thanks alot for your input, very helpful as usual.

A few towers might be worth considering.

tumblr_ktpwa8HW1j1qzsxryo1_500.jpg

haha, brilliant. I will forward that along side my quote.:amuse:

amo try instead of boards just use tube with 1 inch gap on singels. it gives you weight and t bar ur standards at bottom of ur standards and use the concreat meathod as metioned. how long is it in the water for ? longer than a week rent the gear mate or used ur own and sell it to scaffy.for .34p per foot

haha, a couple of good tips there my friend.:D

Hard to fix down though on cup lock. We do have them but not sure how successful they would be. I haven't heard another word about this job and never seen anyone else attempt it so it's either just been delayed or they have thought better of it and are doing it with the tide on a barge.

Cup lock pans have a pin on either end that locks under your ledger

Not the one's I have but that will be the Genlok. Never seen these pins, not really a system man, can't remember the last time I used cup lock.

Top Bottom