Thick steel

I've sent you a pm!

I don't want any trouble mate I'm just out for a quiet drink.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

How many men build this how long days?

Its 58,880 man hours to erect and dismantle. Getting the gear out of the finished building is extra.

Hi HSWT
What Crs are your steels at?
Have you considered a hanger either side of the steel with paralell side lapped butts in B &P's?

regards
Alan

Hi Alan,

Steels are 6 metre centres. I was going to do metre wide hanging scaffolds off each steel @ 1-5 metre centres running the 106 metre length. Then use ally beams as transoms across the 137 metre width and undersling tube etc to take additional transoms around the columns etc.
Could box tie for the droppers easily on erection but its the stripping that is an issue as roof and most of the ceiling panels(concrete approx size 1200 x 600? will be installed just leaving the droppers. Difficult for a man to get up 4 metres to undo the droppers and box ties thats why I wanted to hang off the bottom flange of the steel.

Hi Alan,

Steels are 6 metre centres. I was going to do metre wide hanging scaffolds off each steel @ 1-5 metre centres running the 106 metre length. Then use ally beams as transoms across the 137 metre width and undersling tube etc to take additional transoms around the columns etc.
Could box tie for the droppers easily on erection but its the stripping that is an issue as roof and most of the ceiling panels(concrete approx size 1200 x 600? will be installed just leaving the droppers. Difficult for a man to get up 4 metres to undo the droppers and box ties thats why I wanted to hang off the bottom flange of the steel.

Is there a cherry picker available to install and remove the hangers?
Or a aluminum mobile tower ?

Is there a cherry picker available to install and remove the hangers?
Or a aluminum mobile tower ?

Cherry picker not allowed during dismantle. 22 metres high so rules out an aluminium really. Plus we have to provide access for them to install the remaining concrete ceiling panels once the droppers have been removed.

hello havespannerwilltravel

we at George Roberts NW Ltd can supply a heavy duty gravlock which will do upto 70mm flange on the girder.

give me a call, allen 07703 044772

thanks

Ita along shot hswt but try mather and smith on 01233 622214 they deal in alot of steel etc they r a big foundry but possibly be able to help???

hello havespannerwilltravel

we at George Roberts NW Ltd can supply a heavy duty gravlock which will do upto 70mm flange on the girder.

give me a call, allen 07703 044772

thanks

Also on the Harsco infrastructure site ,they have gravlocks up to 70mm flange on the girder and 30kn per pair

Top Bottom