Thick steel

Anyone come across girder clamps for steel in excess of 50mm thick? SGB used to do some.

Yes.

SGB used to do a DH that was used to connect a tube to a steel section. Gave you about 70mm to connect to.

I tried to get some a couple of years ago, but I could only get 6 from some idiot from Harsco down on the south coast.

Attachments

• No, I won't tell you where to get them!.jpg
    No, I won't tell you where to get them!.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 31
Yes, steel thickness is too much for a gravlock as just shy of 70mm. Looked at box ties but makes a right job of stripping as roof will be on only giving 250mm clearance from top of steel and most of steels are 2.4m.deep.

Anything deeper than 70mm is beyond the design capabilities of the traditional girder coupler shown in the picture.

If I encounter anything deeper, I go to Lindapter for the solution.

I need around 3,000 so have you still got the contact details for that idiot from Harsco down on the south coast? If I get 6 from him its a start.

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Anything deeper than 70mm is beyond the design capabilities of the traditional girder coupler shown in the picture.

If I encounter anything deeper, I go to Lindapter for the solution.

Not quite 70 mm so the yellow one will do. have they got any other colours?

I need around 3,000 so have you still got the contact details for that idiot from Harsco down on the south coast? If I get 6 from him its a start.

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Not quite 70 mm so the yellow one will do. have they got any other colours?

You can have them in any colour you like - so long as you design them, have them fabricated and then tested.

Just like we did.

Yes.

SGB used to do a DH that was used to connect a tube to a steel section. Gave you about 70mm to connect to.

I tried to get some a couple of years ago, but I could only get 6 from some idiot from Harsco down on the south coast.

Humph....southerners....

They want us to start next week! How many did you have fabricated?

I have seen some others that are flatter and dont have the bolt. So they basically just sit on the steel with a tube underslung to take the droppers and you can slide them backwards and forwards until you have them laced together.

They want us to start next week! How many did you have fabricated?

I have seen some others that are flatter and dont have the bolt. So they basically just sit on the steel with a tube underslung to take the droppers and you can slide them backwards and forwards until you have them laced together.

Congratulations.

Use them, then...

Oi lolo. For x3000. Go girect to manufacture they'll prob make em to order

To clarify the steel girders are 2-4 metres in depth. Flanges are approx 65mm thick.

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

Congratulations.

Use them, then...

An idiot from harsco in another middle eastern country has them on a tube in his office. There are only 6 though.

Top Bottom