The end of the Scaff Step is nigh....

Would this information lead to the demise of the dreaded step?

• Yes

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Honestly don't give a sh1t, I love the step!

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
Wow only just seen this. Very intresting. Can any designers clarify this?

havin went up to about 18 lifts recently with cuplock , on the lifts that had 3 cup topouts , the step was not used to top them out , the guys just topped them out as normal , some felt to use the step would be more dangerous than the way they did it . on a lift with 2 cup top outs , the step still wasnt used , i think we'd decided it was useless by then

Had the same problem with Cuplock, putting a 3 cup topper from the lift is not too bad,but of the step its dangerous. Fu cking hate the steps just clip on most the time.

wheres that pic gone VLLB? ive been discussing this subject came on to find the pic and its gone. could you repost it please.

Be careful what you wish for, if there is no step its all expensive advanced guardrail,
SG4:05 is ancient history where you could tunnel without the handrail. Its handrail all the way as in Collective Protection

Ian.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

We are also on £124 per hour for the HSE giving out notices.

Did not see the answer to AOM question. Do you mean you are handing out notices for the HSE now?

To move away from SG4-05 without consultation was a big mistake.

Without going into detail, small to medium firms have & will be hit hard by this action if the HSE start handing out notices left & right.

The SCCR is working on a report in detail on the above comment & will post more soon on the subject.

Work at height has to be done! We are scaffolders, to start with a statement think of other ways of doing the job should not affect us! We do work at height & should be trained to do so. The harness is not a safe method in its present form with the lack of knowledge on harness trauma.

Noe we are asked to work in an unsafe manner & incorrect manual handling operations instead of working on our working area. Would love to see the stats that state the scaff step have reduced accidents as I am not aware of any stats that specificly do a breakdown of the trades in slips trips & falls. Have tried to get stats like these from the HSE & the NASC for three years no one has any!!!

SQ

these scaff steps make a great fishing chair on dover pier they clip great on the handrails you can see you rod really good and the horizon looks great!!! and if you catch too many fish and cant carry it back to your car you can sling it in the sea!!! biggest load of rubbish that has ever come into the industry work safe yes but there something else!!! who can anybody make money with this product

Well I have been shown a new design for it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350417773.185349.jpg

It did tickle mi a bit.

Laptop not showing it. I must have eaten too many cookies again.

Top Bottom