Telling it like it is

I always thourght scaffolding was for men when i first started i was with the old school when bullying was bullying you just got on with it and the boss didnt give a fcuk

good to hear all this lads got offered a job in PNG the other day full of aussie scaffs..............stick to the middle east and TCN scaffs easy life.......and lots of sun and cold beers :)

Good choice mate I miss the ME

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Haveaspanner

Your right there most are on the gravy train mate but what can you expect when it is just so easy to get a ticket here?.

And your right about the flies mate and the dust sticking to offshore i think less ******** out here.

At least you got some decent blokes on the job mate how many super scaffs that carry a belt weighing close on a ton have you got up there lol

Quite a few mate lol

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Havespannerwilltravel
call them in the office just before they clock off on friday and proceed to give them a very slow tool box talk on why they should wear PPE and keeping off insulation, the reasons why, damage, dangers etc, sooner or later they will get fed up and wont do it again

Already tried this one hatter but with so many men to transport off the project in coaches it was a logistical nightmare

Told a couple of scaffolders here the other day that not wearing PPE on the project could lead to instant dismissal. Told two more today that standing on and damaging insulation was also gross misconduct and could lead to instant dismissal.
Now I have been accused of bullying and intimidation. I said i was just telling it like it is.
They are more like ballerinas than scaffolders here. Highly strung pussys the lot of them.:embarrest:

you should have give them a proper grilling in the 5* hotel when you interviewed them;)

Sick of telling my lads to wear their boots, always turning up in trainers, one of these days someone will lose a fxxking toe and then it will be all our fault

i know how you feel mate i said to someone the other month i get fed up have to dress them every day most are ok just 1 or 2 not wearing it, got that p--sed off with telling them, it looks better when you turn up at a job with it all on not looking like you have just rolled out of the pub to give someone a hand.

as i said earlier i cant beleive theres a thread on here about bullying in scaffolding arent we all bullies,thats what sets us apart from the rest.
work hard play hard fight like **** thats the way i was tought.
can one of the moderators please pull this thread in case some abseiller or spark comes on and rips us all to bits

you should have give them a proper grilling in the 5* hotel when you interviewed them;)

Haha nice one jakdan.
Unfortunately these have been on the project for a long time.
The ones I employed from the interviews @ the 5 star hotel have just arrived and are performing well......hope it lasts.
Been back to Sydney and Brisbane a couple of times since then to do more interviews but only a Holiday Inn this time.....most disappointed as heard they even have them in Newcastle.
Sacked one today......almost started crying to lose that 40 quid an hour lol:D

Hope you gave him some tissues to dry his eyes with. no doubt he will be somewhere else on good money next week acting the same.

what job you on mate if you dont mind me asking.

was asking haveaspanner mate just being nosey as he said it was highest paying job in wa thats all mate

Biggest Belts in the World

Hi Scaffdude
Loved the crack about the 1 tonne belts. Couldn't believe it when I saw my first one. Had to ask the young lad for a closer look and hold it to find out just how much it weighed. And you were right ! tonne!

cracking isnt it mick in 10 years or so your gonna have so many back injury,s over here. who did you decide to work for buddy?

Chose Pilbara Access in the end because of the flexible 'casual' status, with my kids still settling into this incredible country.
Worked on a couple of construction jobs and down in Cockburn. Filling in time as I am going offshore for them starting next week.
Who you on for?

Yes I met Bobby Batten 30 years ago on the first firm that I worked, for Inter City Scaffold. Lost touch, as you do, for too many years. But always smile when I read his name on the forum. And now, thanks to the forum, have managed to get in contact with him and will make sure that I don't let it slip again. I take it that you know Bob for a few years?
Also got to say that the idea of scaffolders complaining of bullying is just another sign of the times. Anybody on the forum, who has worked with me could (retrospectively) probably sue my a*se off for the number of times I let everybody know just how 'happy' I was with their efforts. Thank f*ck I grew up in a different age.

When i started in 1964 if the supervisor said jump you said how high and jumped a foot higher

Top Bottom