Telling it like it is

Reaction score
Consultant Scaffolding Manager AG&P Philippines
Told a couple of scaffolders here the other day that not wearing PPE on the project could lead to instant dismissal. Told two more today that standing on and damaging insulation was also gross misconduct and could lead to instant dismissal.
Now I have been accused of bullying and intimidation. I said i was just telling it like it is.
They are more like ballerinas than scaffolders here. Highly strung pussys the lot of them.:embarrest:

agree

Fella iam in wa myself have been for a while and also seen your previous posts saying some good scaffs here maybe so but gotta say from what i seen the decent british lads take some beating thats for sure.

But i can agree there is plently of idiots like your dealing with mate and i dont envy you having to put up with the pricks.

good luck

this bullying pish is going too far.i was brought up in the game beleiving we were all men.i personally would be ashamed of myself if i ever came out with the statement that i was getting bullied on a job,by anyone never mind a fecking gaffer.the car park is wqere you sort your problems out if its that bad.
changed days my friend and not for the better

What a crock of crap. Surely your advising them ? Trying to make sure they don't lose there job !!! Bullying !!!
I remember once knocking some meth spirits over some paperwork in the foremens cabin, (i was about 19) he went mental grabbed hold of me and threw me out head first out the cabin ! He did apologise later that day but I wouldn't have dreamt of telling the supervisor or anyone to cause trouble.
As for ppe, I don't like how overboard its gone but you just have to get on with it

Thats what happens when you work in Australia.
With its golden sandy beaches, ice cold beer..., sexy fit women, all day bbq's...

Its a total shitho-!?
What the fukk am i saying!

Get me a plane ticket over there mate!!! :)

You can afford your own ticket the little number your on :)

I've got family here not in the best of health so I wouldn't go at the moment but yeah, nice and sunny all the time ! Lovely
Only thing is dont they use mostly system over there, not keen on system like

Ya... i use System, but i much prefer Tube and Fitting.
Layher is the best System ive used, tbh - and that aint a patch on TnF.

Working around the world does really appeal to me, id love to get to my late 50's/early 60's and be able to tell stories of working here and there, instead of spending my life moving from site to site in London.

Fella iam in wa myself have been for a while and also seen your previous posts saying some good scaffs here maybe so but gotta say from what i seen the decent british lads take some beating thats for sure.

But i can agree there is plently of idiots like your dealing with mate and i dont envy you having to put up with the pricks.

good luck

Yes mate there are some decent scaffs here and they just get on with the job, work hard and dont whine.......the majority are just along for the big pay packet and quite happy to let the good carry them

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Thats what happens when you work in Australia.
With its golden sandy beaches, ice cold beer..., sexy fit women, all day bbq's...

Its a total shitho-!?
What the fukk am i saying!

Get me a plane ticket over there mate!!! :)

The beach sand is black here, the air is thick with red dust, the women here are like those in the Walmart emails, bbqs yes when you cant see the steak for the flies......the beer is ice cold though lol

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

What a crock of crap. Surely your advising them ? Trying to make sure they don't lose there job !!! Bullying !!!
I remember once knocking some meth spirits over some paperwork in the foremens cabin, (i was about 19) he went mental grabbed hold of me and threw me out head first out the cabin ! He did apologise later that day but I wouldn't have dreamt of telling the supervisor or anyone to cause trouble.
As for ppe, I don't like how overboard its gone but you just have to get on with it

Yes, they wouldnt last a minute in those days. Its all "duty of care" here. Honestly we have to wipe their noses and tie their bootlaces for them. And they have the cheek to call us "Whinging Poms"

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

You can afford your own ticket the little number your on :)

I've got family here not in the best of health so I wouldn't go at the moment but yeah, nice and sunny all the time ! Lovely
Only thing is dont they use mostly system over there, not keen on system like

We have 60% tube and fitting and 40% Layher here. Total about 4,000 tonnes at the moment.

good to hear all this lads got offered a job in PNG the other day full of aussie scaffs..............stick to the middle east and TCN scaffs easy life.......and lots of sun and cold beers :)

Last edited:
Haveaspanner

Your right there most are on the gravy train mate but what can you expect when it is just so easy to get a ticket here?.

And your right about the flies mate and the dust sticking to offshore i think less ******** out here.

At least you got some decent blokes on the job mate how many super scaffs that carry a belt weighing close on a ton have you got up there lol

Havespannerwilltravel
call them in the office just before they clock off on friday and proceed to give them a very slow tool box talk on why they should wear PPE and keeping off insulation, the reasons why, damage, dangers etc, sooner or later they will get fed up and wont do it again

Told a couple of scaffolders here the other day that not wearing PPE on the project could lead to instant dismissal. Told two more today that standing on and damaging insulation was also gross misconduct and could lead to instant dismissal.
Now I have been accused of bullying and intimidation. I said i was just telling it like it is.
They are more like ballerinas than scaffolders here. Highly strung pussys the lot of them.:embarrest:

if it was here you would be sent home on paye then sacked after the enquiry bullying and intimidation give them a weeks fosters ban and lock the surfboard up for a week :laugh:

Sick of telling my lads to wear their boots, always turning up in trainers, one of these days someone will lose a fxxking toe and then it will be all our fault

make them sighn a toolbox talk on both subjects if they are daft enough not to take notice of you then you have proof that you tried to educate them when they try blame you when the safety man catches them stricly speeking you shouldnt let them on site without proper ppe if you are the supervisor you are responsible for them

Top Bottom