Tag man

I no nowt about haki. but if you can do it I suppose anyone can....haha

A word to the wise

Before you "Tag" or sign off any scaffold structure, or give any advice relating to said structure

Please ensure you have "Professional Liability Insurance" In place.

The hoops and rings you will have to jump through to obtain the cover will soon determine if you are a competent scaffold inspector.

What's the protocols over the holiday period Rigger, is everything pulled or just left unsigned on a closed site?

A word to the wise

Before you "Tag" or sign off any scaffold structure, or give any advice relating to said structure

Please ensure you have "Professional Liability Insurance" In place.

The hoops and rings you will have to jump through to obtain the cover will soon determine if you are a competent scaffold inspector.

competent changing to qualified now rigger, Which would mean inspection courses for scaffs.:wondering:

AOM

"What's the protocols over the holiday period Rigger, is everything pulled or just left unsigned on a closed site?"

Different companies have different policies I just work with them :noworry: I have one "live" job, a pedestrian walkway and bridge over a canal that I will inspect tomorrow morning, then again on the 31st Dec.The job is complete and has been for a month,the weekly inspections must be completed to keep everyone happy

I will be working 2,3,4th January to get inspections up to date for the 6th Jan when most of my jobs will be opening again.

Frederik

"competent changing to qualified now rigger, Which would mean inspection courses for scaffs"

I do hope the NASC are not changing the Queens English as well as assuming that they are the only one's "qualified" to speak on scaffolding issues within the UK :wacko: I used the word competent as it has a different meaning to the word qualified. The legislation as far as I know still reads "competent":bigsmile:

Scaffold Inspection Courses are a great idea, Take an experienced scaffolder with at least ten years in, having worked in various sectors, with a wide range of different scaffold types.Then do a 10 day classroom course to bone up on current legislation,Fund this from central government, You will then have a competent scaffold inspector.

Thanks rigger, I thought I was the only one with a pedantic client who is looking for a scaffold on a closed site to be inspected. I suppose it could suffer storm damage but to be honest I would have just pulled the tag.

We pulled all tags and removed all ladders on three jobs today to stop any access on to the scaffold. They will be put back on in the new year with a fresh inspection report.

Top Bottom