Tag man

He's the leader of the dundee massive...lol

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

An advanced scaff cant inspect a system scaffold without the relevant quali...

He can't build it without additional qualifications either.

Yeah and, who is he.
Not trying to be rude, but who is he, why is his word gospel.
He could be david blunkett for all I know

Cisrs has a list of people who can inspect jobs on their website.

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

To become an inspector what scaffolds do you inspect on your course.?

All the centres that I have been to all have 1 job to inspect with faults built in, the main crux of the course is power point. As scaffolders, we can inspect whatever we are qualified to build.

Not sure about that either hswt, as we are already qualified so nothings changed on that score.

If you are qualified to build it you are already qualified to inspect it.

Im competent to build it, and qualified to inspect it,sort that one out.

If you are qualified to build it you are already qualified to inspect it.

At the moment yes that's true. For sure it will change.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

I am looking for a scaffolder/tagman for a job next year. Are you interested?

A bit of a jump. I can't see how at any time in the future how we can erect them but can't be trusted to inspect them. You need more knowledge and understanding to do the erect as you will ever need to inspect.

See this sh*t about not having the system part on your card, then you can't sign off a system scaffold. Is it just me or is that the most unashamed, blatant attempt to extract more money from the scaffolding fraternity that I've ever heard. If you're, qualified, competent and conversant in Tube and Fitting scaffolds, then you're capable of inspecting a cuplock/kwikstage/layher/(insert system here) scaffold. I don't care what anybody says.

So you are competent to erect as you have done it for years and your qualified as you done the daft course?

Is that right?

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

See this sh*t about not having the system part on your card, then you can't sign off a system scaffold. Is it just me or is that the most unashamed, blatant attempt to extract more money from the scaffolding fraternity that I've ever heard. If you're, qualified, competent and conversant in Tube and Fitting scaffolds, then you're capable of inspecting a cuplock/kwikstage/layher/(insert system here) scaffold. I don't care what anybody says.

Lol, can't really argue with that one.

It is a bit of a stretch to make out we need more training to erect systems.

A bit of a jump. I can't see how at any time in the future how we can erect them but can't be trusted to inspect them. You need more knowledge and understanding to do the erect as you will ever need to inspect.

That's very true. But they have the governments ear now. I won't be surprised if in years to come the inspections will be done by safety officers making the scaffolders life even harder.

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

As long as im home for xmas.

Which Xmas? Lol

Maybe, but they have had their ears for some time.

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Not any old silly course,was tutored by the maestro Ken Caine

I wish he was on tonight. :laugh:

Dont get Gers going on System v T&F, Your temp roof was system Den, Complex enough for required training. Imo

Correct fred, the haki roof course is a completly different course to the trad haki one. Its the only system we use, everything else is tube and fit.

So when are ya gonna train me up then. Work with the man that knows, fuk the course.

Top Bottom