Tag man

1969scaff

Reaction score
As a Tag man are you liable if anything happens to a scaffold you have signed the tag on? Some firms have a resident tag man who goes around keeping all the tags signed up to date,even if they haven't erected it or put the first tag on. Are they liable if anything happens?

In theory yes. Depends if anything happens and when it happens and if you inspected it correctly.

Your meant to inspect the scaffold before you sign the tag,
If it's a pile of sh1t, you get it sorted before you sign it off.
Don't matter if you erected it or not.

Scaffold not safe....pull the tag and get it sorted. If you sign a tag to an unsafe scaffold you are liable to prosecution.

The question was whether someone else other than the scaff can tag it. I would say no. Once tagged 7 day check by scaff inspector.
As I understand it!

It's been normal practice up here for years to use a tag man Fred.

Yeah, the scaffolder on completion can sign it off, as long as the CISRS card held covers that type if scaffold, ie a basic can't sign off a hanger, but the 7 day inspection must be done by someone who holds a scaffold inspection ticket.

Not sure about the inspections mm. I think a fully qualified advanced scaff is well within his remit to sign the tag.

An Advanced Scaffolder Can Sign The Tag, Unless You Work For Barratt, Stuart Milne, Or Persimmon, They Have There Own System Of Work And Recognise Neither Sg4 10 Or Common Sense.

So, aom,how is the tag man up there qualified to tag it. meaning understanding a fault.

NASC & CISRS told me 7 day has to be done by inspector

There was obviously a bit of a misunderstanding as gerscaff says nothing to stop the scaffs doing it unless the client demands a particular qualification which is entirely up to the individual client.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

So, aom,how is the tag man up there qualified to tag it. meaning understanding a fault.

Up here Fred they usually just promote an advanced scaffolder from the ranks.

Look back on the thread.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Ahhhaaa . Cant get better than that.

Sorry, I took it you thought it would be a nobody? :eek:

Ok.
Gerscaff is who, just so I know

He's the leader of the dundee massive...lol

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

An advanced scaff cant inspect a system scaffold without the relevant quali...

Sorry, I took it you thought it would be a nobody? :eek:[/QUOTE]

Doh:embarrest::embarrest:

Top Bottom