Supervisors/Simian

6) to tell you how exactly how and where he wants the job and when its done its ne feking good,

9) Despite explaining thoroughly how he wants the job built he must be able to let the boy's call him for everything when they build it how they thought he wanted it despite never building one like it in the history of the firm.

Reminds me of brother Bobby telling 10 scaffs what he wanted building and where he wanted it. Ten minutes of nodding of heads and aye aye aye no bother Bobby then all ten scrambling up to different parts of the leg with absolutely no clue of what to do when they got there.:laugh:

Since when John and where is that written? I have worked under loads of different trade supervisors who couldn't spell scaffold, they could do a tool box talk though.

You need to have the same competance of your opreatives if not better, to supervise

Yes in the ideal world, but in real world,I've known for Cape and Hertel that there's been laggers that have been promoted to supervisors and managers in charge of scaffolders. Just cause they have done a 5 day supervisor course and have an inspection ticket from a 2 day course. that's what makes it all a joke :mad:

Trouble is unqualified supervisors allow men to make the most basic errors.
Simian might agree with my mindset on this !!:D

Trouble is unqualified supervisors allow men to make the most basic errors.
Simian might agree with my mindset on this !!:D

Do you know something we don't and aren't sharing??!!:cool:

im sure qualified ones make basic errors too meercat mind its not the card making the mistake......its the man.

Do you know something we don't and aren't sharing??!!:cool:

Just get annoyed that unqualified Scaffolders instructing guys, Which In my experience inevitably leads to mistakes occurring and the poor Scaffolder carrying the can.

im sure qualified ones make basic errors too meercat mind its not the card making the mistake......its the man.

Just get annoyed that unqualified Scaffolders instructing guys, Which In my experience inevitably leads to mistakes occurring and the poor Scaffolder carrying the can.

Theres good unqualified Scaffolders and bad ones with all the cards you could think of.
Being a good Instructor takes more than experience or qualifications... you need a passion to teach and a knack of communicating and getting your message accross.

If you still love the game and are mad for it - that will rub off on the trainees and it will encourage them more, which i think also helps.

Imo anyway.

When it comes to erecting some of the most best scaffolders have only experiance to their name but.....if we want to be seen as credible to outside institutions which is clearly the way forward we have to comply and take endless courses a f*cking monkey could pass.

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

sorry about the grammer half pissed

Top Bottom