Super Human.

Yes Celticbhoy I like to go home on an evening knowing I have'nt put anyones life in danger, Any medals I have were won years ago, I dont need any Macho ones.

am the same mate hate to see boys struggling with what they say they can and cant do just do it safely for yourself and more importantly those round about you.

so is standing on the handrail with belt fastened round standard,to top out with a 21 not a good idea then.been doing it for over twenty years and never had a problem,:cool:

Ive topped off with 21s almost 5ft , years ago used to stretchy lifts in an would reguarly put a clip on standard an stand on it an top off a 6ft hemp with a 16ft tube, no one ever liked stripping my jobs :nuts:

well i take my hats off to you street lads i havent used a 21 for about 7 years as there banned on the national grid and as my career has been mainly powerstations theres racks on nearly every floor so havent had too do much pump up the jam work seen a few large flat jobs on me travels and i wouldnt wish it on any scaffolder

i always look at a job before i strike it checked ties and how high the hemps are you can often take nasty ones out from the life above ;0

phillios me and you would get on fcukin great pal.

I dont do it now well very little any how but like you said i even take standards out from above first lift if its bad access an stuff

you ole proffessional you lol.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

and ma mate super too,on the ball.

phillios me and you would get on fcukin great pal.

I dont do it now well very little any how but like you said i even take standards out from above first lift if its bad access an stuff

I did that too before i chucked the Tabs, Lil bit heavier now:D maybe need to put some checks under my' Bait bag strap':D

As ever kid As ever, Ive spent most of my last 6 or 7 year being a work based recorder for all the apprentices we,ve had, so my super human scaffolding techniques had to be shelved except for the occaisional bit of fun with the apprentices to show them what it was like Back In The Day. :nuts::laugh:

super i was out pricing one day and seen 2 youngish lads trying to bash out the inside standards on a 2 foot wide balcony (the outside standards went to the ground) and one of them was struggling like fook to drag a 21 up for a standard , so i said to him why dont you just use a 8 foot and then hemp it once you got the lift on , he asked me what the fook i new about it so i laughed and carried on , 2 minutes later there is a crash and a bang he had knocked a cornise of with a 21 and it missed his nut by inchs fook i nearly pi ssed my self laughing , some lads just like to make work for themselves

Like i said in my post above past few years spent day in day out with trainees and how i havnt caused myself harm either laffing at or throwing a paddy at them i will never know, if there is a hard way to do it they do it , try explaing how to do it easier , they look at you as if you are wacko, you have to explain it 3 times a day, everyday for 3 weeks .

tell them to work from a dead end rather than into a dead end they ask why.

if property has bad access tell them to work out what they need around the back and carry it all in first, they then carry 3 x 21s 5 x16s 4 x 8s a handful of fittings and 5s then start round the front, wondering why its so hard to get rest of gear round job,

I sometimes just bang my head off the concrete till blood pours from my ears , as its less painful :nuts::laugh:

ha Ha, I don't know why but it brings some comfort to realise it's not just me.:)

HaHa I could wear my typing finger out telling all the daft stories , They say common sense is no longer common, I bet it was a scaffold trainer who said it :laugh:

mind you ive said too one of my mate who used to be a scaffolder who had 3 labourers with him and a hoist to get a load of mixed gear up why i finish a job with another lad i was gone 2 hours when i arrived back i said were make a start on that annex job he replied!!! we cant but weve got 200 boards up there lmfao!!!!!!!

If you hadnt notice my "

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." Aristotle

Is my little training signature type thing , Very apt especially for our industry me finks :laugh:

It never works out to keep 300 of the legder. Any where did u get 300mm from?

Top Bottom