Step Up Method Statement!!

That surprises me, they are second to none up here.

Not down here but that's another story with 2 sides.

when your earn a million a year allistar you can afford to use the step as its a tax lose lol!! only jokeing mate

the step thing as covered many threads in relation to hemps over hand rail and tethered fittings does the company who has introduced the E8 does anyone not think there is some element of hypocrisy to this certain companies want their fittings tethered to you but yet totally ignoring the fact that hemps over hand causes serious strain on you lower lumber region and picking up on the thread of hemps being as close to the node as possible is not the double on hand rails not a node this is me on a personal note I like my hemps anywhere between the top hand rail and the lift Iam running in and this ables me to keep my tube vertical at all times and slip the king kong into the sleeve without having to take my eye off the vertical tube I was taught never take your eye off the top of the tube hemps over handrail are very awkward and hurts my lower back but each to their own so what iam saying a fitting as small as it is certain companies want it tethered but yet a tube as large as it is you allowed to struggle your bellocks off looking down to the sleeve taking your eye off the vertical position of the tube .scc

i'm presuming everyone that doesn't use a step uses the system advanced guardrail then? £90 for a step or thousands for an aluminium system that's going to get nicked, smashed to fck and constantly going to need to replace stock following the afore mentioned circumstances? I know where my money's going, and I don't think it makes that much of a difference time wise using the step to bang the handrail in, compared to setting up the system on the base, fckin about on the corners when it stags on ledgers, getting it stripped and passed down, and then getting it all back up to strip the job, in comparison not a great deal saved in my opinion.

Our lads won't put in anything above a 16 now. They hate the step but most of the lads use it.

One thing it doesn't work on is a 13 foot tower. I know that you can change your hemps to get it to work but it just seems more hassle than it's worth on towers. We usually use a mixture of step on the straight runs and half lift on the towers.

how are you aom hope your well personally I hate it but I usually bang the h/r in on my own so it don't use 2 men find my centre bang it on swivels then apply my doubles on each end then change them when iam up there while the other 2 are fixing we use a lot of alloy for the handrails and one man can bang it in on his jack jones no problem but how the jobs changed .ps did you watch undateables last week with the young lad who as Tourette's he now cannot stop saying tw@t kunt fecken ni**er lifes a bitch.

I thought the step was introduced by the nasc as one of its directors has a personal stake in its manufacture. Will the real simon hughs please step up!lol

how are you aom hope your well personally I hate it but I usually bang the h/r in on my own so it don't use 2 men find my centre bang it on swivels then apply my doubles on each end then change them when iam up there while the other 2 are fixing we use a lot of alloy for the handrails and one man can bang it in on his jack jones no problem but how the jobs changed .ps did you watch undateables last week with the young lad who as Tourette's he now cannot stop saying tw@t kunt fecken ni**er lifes a bitch.

We use steel for our rails so don't fancy doing it your way, the young team would be launching paddies off the job like an offshore lifeboat.:eek:

We do just bang them in anyway we can with a double either end when we are up.

I tried to watch it, but didn't last long. Seen one poor guy on the speed dating thing, just didn't think it was my cup of tea being honest.

Top Bottom