Step Up Method Statement!!

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Who still uses the step?

to be honest swifty marra i dont mind using it but fek using it on every standard either end of the 21 sleave the end of 21 again just take sag out when ya up there but i wont board form underneath only first couple of boards

to be honest swifty marra i dont mind using it but fek using it on every standard either end of the 21 sleave the end of 21 again just take sag out when ya up there but i wont board form underneath only first couple of boards

Why don't you board from underneath?

That's how we do it marra, make the rules work for you. I must admit, boarding from below is a pain, systems not bad but with tube I sometimes just leave out the last transom. Not ideal but keeps the bods of your back.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

Why don't you board from underneath?

Cos it's a pain in the erse.

Every man to his own swifty, but I have always found it easier to hook my tape pouch to the back of a standard and fire them straight down. It took me a long time to board from below.

Defo easier from above, especially if you get a job like ours where the lifts are planned, what a fecker trying to get boards through them from below.

Exactly, like everything else though it will be what you are used to.

I must be missing something here or I'm on the wrong thread:eek:h:

Not sure, I'm talking about walking on bare steel, getting the boards passed up to your hands then laying. I assume you have always stood on a boarded lift and laid them through the steel the way we all do now?

I would rather get the boards up myself why someone else is getting the gear ready for the rail or next lift.
2 men to 1 board seems a waste of manpower, but that's just me.

I think the step is the best thing that's ever come into scaffolding its safe and super to use but I lie!!! its slow and hard work you tend to cheat and lean over rather than walk down the step and move it over to next bay!!! think most firms that are with nasc have signed up but I no not many use it!! its slow what ever you look at it!!! anybody that uses it must put a good price in to compensate the lose in men hours!!

As I said, ever man to his own.

You did

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

And I still think there is a "Y" missing.

Its a toss-up between the step and fecking brickgauards as the worst thing in scaffolding..........mmmm na the step wins as we use plastic brickgaurds now

Last edited:
You did

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

And I still think there is a "Y" missing.

More than that missing this end.

I think the step is the best thing that's ever come into scaffolding its safe and super to use but I lie!!! its slow and hard work you tend to cheat and lean over rather than walk down the step and move it over to next bay!!! think most firms that are with nasc have signed up but I no not many use it!! its slow what ever you look at it!!! anybody that uses it must put a good price in to compensate the lose in men hours!!

You should see the young team go at it, the right young team that don't know anything else, none too shabby I can tell you. It's more my age that struggle with it speed wise and as I said, I still hate threading boards through the lift.

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

Barn doors I heard.

Don't listen to that muppet, he couldn't hit a barn door with a machine gun. ;)

I tend to disregard anything anyone from that company says.

Top Bottom