Staggering Ledgers and Handrail

hswt the way you start to stagger is the way i was taught and yes it does always work out.I thought that staggering the ledger was more or less the done thing,why anyone would want to staggger handrails instead doesnt make sense to me,unless the lift heights have been altered :wacko:

No its in my sent box. did you check your junk mail folder?

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

I always thought they referred to themselves as "advisers" so as to avoid any actual commitment to anything. I have come across a few safety consultants but never an expert.

True, they are only advisers, how can they give advice on something they know very little about.
Check their websites or Linked-in profiles they suddenly become experts.

It was something we always did even on street jobs. And staggering the standards as well.
I will confess that once in a blue moon the join would be more than a third into the bay but everyone is entitled to be rough occasionally.

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

True, they are only advisers, how can they give advice on something they know very little about.

I can't remember when one has actually given advice generally its "you will have to come up with a solution."

thanks that's saved me two days off splicing i'm sure !!

do the cisrs inspectors course but!! you can also be a hanging basket exspert with your gardening knowledge of what blooms first each year!!! yes its nice to have a garden that looks good but you knows fook all!!! about scaffolding just cos youve sat the inspectors course:laugh:

do the cisrs inspectors course but!! you can also be a hanging basket exspert with your gardening knowledge of what blooms first each year!!! yes its nice to have a garden that looks good but you knows fook all!!! about scaffolding just cos youve sat the inspectors course:laugh:

Don't you be worrying about that dico. You keep an eye on those advanced scaffs you got in that power station and make sure they stagger correctly;)

Don't you be worrying about that dico. You keep an eye on those advanced scaffs you got in that power station and make sure they stagger correctly;)

them days have gone haverspanner!!!! since the ecitb advanced ticket has gone iam no more than a trainee labourer for capes the 45,000 to 50,000 plus a year looking after outages has gone coz me not qualified anymore :laugh: iam no more than a 21 year olde comeing into the game £9.92 the rate and thats all iam worth untill me part 2 course is finished just about had enough of all the bollo!!s that goes with the scaffolding today seems 27yrs with a ecitb dont matter these days unless youve sat and finnished the cisrs course shi! wan! system iam fooked and fookem :laugh: send this global lol!!!

Just about right dico the systems rubbish tickets are the future shame they dont mean what they say on the ticket shocking system and country we live in to let this happen is this anything to do with being in the e u

my memory is not what it was but i seem to remember we used to start at one end of the scaffold staggering the ledgers and then start at the other end on the next lift. It may have been luck but it seemed to work.;)

it only works out like that when ya run ya lapped board for when you lift them your already at the other end ...the lapped boards will keep you right lol

aye ya cna stagger ya hand rails willmot mot mot mot , wanted them don its jsut as easy to stagger them with your ledgers as not bottom handrail is same as top ledger and top the same as lower ledger, then every tube is staggerd simples

it only works out like that when ya run ya lapped board for when you lift them your already at the other end ...the lapped boards will keep you right lol

aye ya cna stagger ya hand rails willmot mot mot mot , wanted them don its jsut as easy to stagger them with your ledgers as not bottom handrail is same as top ledger and top the same as lower ledger, then every tube is staggerd simples

I may have missed something trying to translate this but I think I get the picture.

I may have missed something trying to translate this but I think I get the picture.

rite if ya not using a borded lift you shouldnt lap boards but you do the last flight that lapped on you work back from there. once yo get to the other end you jump up putting you at the oposit end from were you started to run in you lift when you have finished this lift to lift the board you start from the lazst lapped flight and work back to wards were you lifted them the first time on the lift be low simples lol

i cant believe we are having a debate about staggering joints in ledgers,and also standards that's the basics of scaffolding as well as plunb.level and square.its part 1 stuff and any good grunny (labourer) should know what to send up anyway;)

I don't know why marra mentioned lapped boards as it has nothing to do with staggering ledgers.
It really is a scaffolding basic to stagger the joins but we have to remember there are a lot of scaffolders with cards in the UK who don't seem to have mastered the very basics of the job. I blame the instructors, the training schools, the NASC, the HSE, the Taliban, the EDL, the ICF and the RAC.

Got the all clear mate thanks havespannerwilltravel I owe you a beer or two!!!

I knew it was right just had to prove it!!!

Top Bottom